Louis, Louisas & Friends Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louis, Louisas & Friends Place

A Role Play Village

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Searching for Somewhere to Belong

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Searching for Somewhere to Belong Empty
PostSubject: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:06 pm

She left the tavern, walking purposefully away from the pretty package she'd tossed out the window not even an hour earlier. Everything within her screamed for her to gather it up again and flee, she felt compelled to stay, if only to prove to herself that nothing would change. In the end she'd always get trampled. It was all she had known in life. Grace paused in the street, kicking at an errant rock and noting the manner in which the merchant at the stall beside her paid little to no attention to his rather expensive looking wares. One slight of the hand and that intricately engraved dagger could be hers to do with what she pleased.

No, there was a sense of quality here-a peacefulness that she had not felt anywhere else. She tipped her head to the merchant, greeting him as she passed, her eyes sweeping over the stall with no desire to "acquire" anything from it. Instead, she continued walking, finding herself come to a small park. A large, sweeping willow tree beckoned to her, and Grace slipped between its boughs. Lying on the ground, she closed her eyes, comfortable to be outside again.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 6:21 am

Lyskard made his way towards the tavern to arrange the first plan he had in mind. Stepping through the doors, his eyes swept the room , the only occupant was the bar-keep. Nodding to him Lys asks..
" Good day to you Sir....Gracelynn up and about ? " Nodding he answers..[color:c69b=indigo[ " Aye Sir.. she left not five minutes ago." [/color] Leaving the tav Lys looks in either direction, deciding which way to go . Taking a chance he heads towards the market . A few minutes later and he is at the entrance. Scanning the place.....[color=yellow] " If your looking for a young lady, she headed towards the park." Thanking the stallholder he heads to the Park. Up ahead Lys sees Gracelynn enter the park, too late to call out, he follows after her. On his approach, she stops at a willow tree. Walking towards her, he stops some ten metres and calls.... [color=darkred] Grace...? The time has come for me to show you why I have ask you to stay here a week. Please will you follow me ? you have trusted me by staying here ... will you extend that trust a little bit more ? "

Offering his hand to her, Lys hopes that Grace will except his trust . He so wanted to help her with a new start in life .. a chance that will never come her way again . what would he recieve ? The pleasure he got was that after all this time he could at last help those in the same situation as her . He wanted nothing in return . In all his life Lys gave ...never took . thare was far too many of that kind .

What he first wanted to give to her was the bunch of keys from his pocket, Plus a note to say the keys and what they fitted was hers. Hers forever .......A Place to belong.

Searching for Somewhere to Belong Front
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:24 am

She had been lying down for mere moments before that voice assaulted her ears once again. Really, she had come here for some quiet time to get her thoughts in order. Sighing, she stood, wiping the grass from her cloak. He was there, just outside the gently swaying curtain of boughs, looking, for all intents and purposes, like he was about to spring a fluffy kitten onto an unsuspecting child. Grace stepped out into the sun, her arms crossed over her chest, and stopped in front of him at a distance well within the limits of decorum.

Quote :
The time has come for me to show you why I have ask you to stay here a week. Please will you follow me ? you have trusted me by staying here ... will you extend that trust a little bit more ?

He held out his hand to her. Her instinct was to shy away from that charming smile and return to the familiarity of her quiet life, but again, she felt compelled to stay. "I don't know why I'm doin' this." she mumbled, slipping her small hand into his. "Lead the way."

Their walk along the cobbled street was quiet. Lys dipped a hand into his pocket and pulled out a ring of keys and a small folded note, which he handed to her. "What..." Her voice trailed away as she took the keys. They felt foreign to her. She'd stolen a great many keys to closets or chests and storage rooms...none had ever been freely given..Grace unfolded the note and read the short missive, her face paling. "The keys and what they fit..." Was this some sort of cruel joke?
They rounded a corner, and a large house loomed suddenly against the backdrop of a bright morning. Wide eyed, she looked at the note again..."Yours forever..." She'd never taken to shock well...her limp frame dropped to the ground like a sack of stones.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:51 am

Quote :
"I don't know why I'm doin' this.........Lead the way."

With those words Grace took his offered hand. Together they walked along the cobbled path exchanging a few words along the way. Lys wanted this to be a surprise, let the surprise speak for it's self . Sliding his hand in his pocket, Lys slowly took out the contents then placed the item he had retrieved into her hand ....along with the note. Unfolding the buff coloured sheet, Grace read it...stopped... then read it again. As their stroll took them around the corner, Grace stopped dead in her tracks....

Quote :
..."What..............The keys and what they fit.............Yours forever..."

Looking from the note to the house before her, was just too much for her to comprehend.....Looking at her for her reaction, Lys got more than he was bargaining for. Suddenly Grace's legs buckled under her, moving fast Lys placed a arm around her shoulders gripping her upper arm.Stopping the fall, her put his other arm behind her legs and lifted her into his arms. The last he wanted was for Grace to hit her head on the stone cobbles...he dread to think of the consequences..Walking up to the front door, Lys lifted the latch and maneuvered her through the hallway. Talking the first doorway, he entered and placed Grace gently on the sofa... Gently placing a hand on her arm , he gave her a litle shake to bring her around. Stirring ..bit by bit her eyes flickered, With a startled expression she stared at him trying to familiarize herself with the surroundings. Standing up away from her, speaking softly.........

" Welcome back....you fainted Grace, I brought you into .........your home. Yes...you read it right ......this is all yours. Every thing that is in this whole house belongs to you.............................. I know what you must be thinking.....why ?.... what must I do for all this..?....Absolutely nothing....it is my gift to you , a new start.........Your home has a sign outside, it reads.........A Place to Belong..." Lys lets her digest the the impossible dream.......yes a dream.....A lady of her standing could never hope to pocess a home like this in all her life ....no matter how many she robbed. Now thought Lys.....never will she need to rob any more...that is the past......... " I have for you one more surprise ......over on that table it the means to keep you happy for the rest of your life......." Leaving Grace to completely take everything in.. Lys walks out to the hallway, out the front door, down the steps, making his way to the tavern.

Searching for Somewhere to Belong Images-1
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Grace awakened slowly, feeling a pair of hands lightly jostling her shoulder against a soft cushion. A hand shot up, instinctively taking hold of the offending wrist in a well practiced grip, bone grindingly tight as she sat up and pushed the attacker away. A moment passed before her mind caught up with her body, and she released Lyskard, looking down in embarassment.

Quote :
" Welcome back....you fainted Grace, I brought you into .........your home. Yes...you read it right ......this is all yours. Every thing that is in this whole house belongs to you.............................. I know what you must be thinking.....why ?.... what must I do for all this..?....Absolutely nothing....it is my gift to you , a new start.........Your home has a sign outside, it reads.........A Place to Belong..."

Green eyes searched restlessly through his, finding the deepest glimmer of sincerity she'd ever known. 'You're merely dreaming. Any moment you'll wake up in a stock yard with rats nibbling at your dirty knees.' Grace shut her eyes, feeling moisture beginning to well there as she waited for the harsh reality of a stock yard to crash through the beautiful sitting room.

Quote :
" I have for you one more surprise ......over on that table it the means to keep you happy for the rest of your life......."

Her eyes slid open as the dam broke, revealing the sitting room still there and the comfortable couch remained beneath her. Trembling, she stood and walked toward the table. One small finger trailed over the lip of the chest before tipping the lid up. The coins were more than enough to see her well taken care of for the rest of her life..It was more than she could have dreamed of stealing, freely given to her.

The lid fell closed. Turning, Grace found that Lys had quietly removed himself. Feeling weak, she sunk to the floor, drawing her knees to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Fitting In   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:22 am

Tuesday, the 28th Day of October, Holy Year 1456

She smoothed the simple dress once more, a nervous habbit as there wasn't a wrinkle in the pristine green fabric. Grace had never been comfortable in dresses, yet the Ladies couturier had refused to dress her in anything more masculine than a simple black hooded cloak. And even that had been needlessly embelished with a quaint silver clasp and gold embroidery along the bottom hem. Yes, she had protested, yet the matronly dressmaker refused to offer her even a decent pair of trousers. Sighing, she looked again into the full length mirror as her fingers tugged haphazardly at the long bell sleeves that draped delicately over her hand to brush at the skin of her knuckles. Her hair was in disarray, having been attacked with a large amount of soap and water. The lank brown curles that draped over her shoulders were still damp, and she'd no idea what to do with them. "You look horrible" She muttered to the creature behind the glass. You could put a ribbon around a hog's neck, but in the end, it was still a hog.

The home...no...her home, was quiet. She'd explored many of the rooms over the past few days. Her favorite had been the large library on the second floor where she kept a fire burning in the grate and her blankets strewn over the plush carpet before the hearth; her back still preferred the floor despite the soft feather mattress or even the library's plush sofas, set around a low table that was filled with books she'd been intent on using to teach herself to read. She'd started ages ago, though books were hard to come by on the road, and she was hard pressed to find a trader that would make room in his wagon for written works.

Grace turned away from the long mirror, still caught in the fear that this dream would be ripped away from her at any moment. Walking away from the dressing table, her arms crossed uncomfortably over her chest, she gazed out the window at the vast expanse of green grass that spilled over into a quiet wood. Fog veiled the lowlands, and Grace could just make out the peak of an old barn through a copse of willow trees. Lines of wooden fence posts stretched beyond it, enclosing a small empty paddock. She could just imagine the gentle swish of a horse's tail as the phantom grazed over the pasture. "I've always liked horses." She smiled, turning away from the window to fetch her cloak.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 4:22 am

A contentment filled Lyskard's whole being, for once a dream had come true. The walk to the Tavern had been thoughtful, his inner glow had been matched by the warmth of the autumn day, sunrays beating down on him from their distant position. A very slight breeze found their way through the tall majestic Popular trees lining the path he walked, mainly shielding those who's journey's took them in the same direction. For Lys.. life felt good.....but something was missing....
Stopping.. Lys took in his surroundings...he need an inspiration an implement to drag a forgotten snippet stored information out of his grey cells....

Across the manicured meadows, kept short by the grazing horses there....he let his attention take in the scenery laid out before him. His inspiration held it's self in check while he analysed the the field enclosure, the tall populars closely spaced in a straight avenue, stood proudly in front of the raw, natural picket fence. The far fencing, to his understanding, were accompanied with a row stretching three quarters of it's length, Hawthorn bushes with their one inch thorns, an excellent deterrent to would-be escapees. In this case, the dozen or so horses.......His eyes caught the sight of a white mare, it had been out of his vision to the left... ' that would make a fine ladies mount ' Lys thought....not his choice ..he was more for a black stallion... ' now that's a man's horse '

Lys could have said a dozen greetings to the nearest tree with his head... " That's it Lys !...it was commented on in the tavern not more than a week ago." Even the white mare turned and looked in his direction as Lys conversed with himself out loud.

Still the middle of the day, Lys forgot about his intended visit to the Tavern, no...that could wait, a more pressing arrangement was on his mind. Turning around the corner, where Grace had fainted, Lys made his way to his intended destination, the Paddocks, a walk that would take him minutes .

" Good day to you sir....can I help you ? "Lys took in the questionaire's appearance, close on six feet tall, could be six foot four if it was not for his stoop frame. The ruddy complexion showed years of outdoor activity, still, it was a friendly disposition he portrayed." Aye, the White Mare in the field how old is it ?" With a reserveed look , Stoopy answered... " She'd be coming up for seven years old, you have reason for asking ?" A broad smile held stoopy's questioning look..." Yes... I wish to purchase it....name your price.." Stoopy' counterance changed dramatically returning Lys's smile, a shrewd glint appeared in his eyes.... " Well now....that's a fine mare ya'know....I mean, there don't........"Lys grined and nodded.. " And you think it is worth two gold coins ......" If stoopy nodded any more vigorously he would have shaken his head off his shoulders....." No more haggling .....I'll give you five gold coins.....with the mare I require a saddle for a lady, a-n-d.... I has to be delivered first light in the morning. If you agree you have sold your mare." Stoopy thought Lys was the answer to his prayers.....the poor man had had a lean time this past year with a crop failing , thinking he would have to sell ALL his horses. what Lys had just paid for the mare would more than tide him over until his new crop next year." Sir you have yourself an agreement .. I will deliver her personally."

The Deal done Lys chatted with hin for the next ten minutes..taking the coins out of his pocket, Lys placed them in stoopy's open palm..." Hey ! you had a mistake......." Shaking his head smiling, Lys walked away, leaving Stoopy staring at the ten gold coins in his Palm.

Darkness hung over the skies as Stoopy trotted his horse out across the mist hued meadow, the nights had become colder the past week or more. Soon he would need to bring the horses into the stables, up until yesterday it was going to be a cost he could not meet.....now he could. Leaning across his horses neck, Stoopy caught hold of the Mare's halter. Riding back to the stables he groom and saddled her with great care, soon he would deliver the Mare to the gentleman's requestd address.

As daylight had broken some thirty minutes ago, Stoopy dismounted at the house, knocking the door, it was answered almost immediately my a lady dressed in a cloak...." Good morning to you M'Lady......a gentleman named Lyskard has commissioned me to deliver this Mare to you......Oh.. and also this note." Handing her the note, Stoopy's job done, mounted his horse and rode away.

Quote :

Good morning to you Grace,

I trust you slept well. This added gift is a protection for my own horse,
You wiill refrain from having eyes on my stallion if you have your own.

best wishes, your friend

Lyskard.
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:00 am

She'd only just finished lacing her boots when a sharp knock resounded from the front door. Grace was taken aback and stood in the hall blinking for several moments. Who would be calling for her? She knew no one in town but Lyskard and his lady friend, and she doubted they'd be here this early in the morning. There was a such thing as decorum, though Grace was wholly unfamiliar with it herself...she did have ears. Sighing, she gave the dress one final, frustrated jerk before opening the door.

A man stood there. He was tall, rather rugged as if he spent most of the day's hours out in the sunlight, and smelt distinctly of horse.

Quote :
" Good morning to you M'Lady......

He tipped his hat to her, and it was then that she noticed two horses-one a beautiful white mare-tethered beside the porch.

Quote :
a gentleman named Lyskard has commissioned me to deliver this Mare to you......Oh.. and also this note."
Her ears barely registered the news as she took the note...he couldn't have...Unsteady fingers unfolded the parchment, and her eyes grazed over the familiar script:

Quote :
Good morning to you Grace,

I trust you slept well. This added gift is a protection for my own horse,
You wiill refrain from having eyes on my stallion if you have your own.

best wishes, your friend

Lyskard.

The man had gone before Grace looked up from the parchment. Her white mare remained tethered to a tall white-washed picket, a long white tail brushing side to side as she nibbled at the grass. "Well...this was certainly unexpected..."[b] She jumped down from the porch, not minding the stairs and trotted toward the animal. The horse hardly twitched an ear as she approached. Highly unusual for a horse, Grace thought. She'd known plenty of them to rear and kick at the slightest of noises...she still had scars as evidence. One hand reached out toward the snowy mane and combed gently through the soft hair. A soft whinny escaped the beast, yet her snout remained in the grass. [b]"Docile girl, you are.." Carefully, Grace drew closer, both hands now on the horse's long white neck. Smiling, she followed along to the bridal and halter, her hand tracing along the reigns to the pickett and deftly untying the tight knot.

"Come on, Girl..Let's get you home." She wrapped several lengths of the leather guide around her hand and pulled lightly. The mare lifted her head in annoyance, and Grace took a step backward toward a trail leading to the back of the house. "Come on. You've a much better snack waiting for you in the stable. She accompanied the request with a few clicks of her tongue, and the horse followed hesitantly.

Time passed slowly, casting its peace over the valley as Grace lead the mare over the dirt pathway. The stables were near, and from what Grace could see, they were in relatively decent condition on the outside. The large wooden door slid open easilly to reveal eight spacious stalls, swept clean, and a well kept tackroom. "Aiy..seems I'll need to be getting supplies, though there should be enough straw here to lay you down a good soft bed." She stripped the saddle and harness from the animal and released her out into the enclosed paddock to graze. Now, she hadn't the slightest idea how to care for a horse...
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 pm

Weeks drew slowly into months as Grace settled in her new home. She had warmed to the house in many respects. She was never without anything to do as she refused to hire a house keeper or a cook. Except for paying a few of the village boys to keep the barns well stocked with stray and hay and to muck out the stables, she cared for Bella largely on her own. Yes...t'was a quiet life indeed.

Today found her inside pouring over a dusty book, a parchment on the table before her was covered in her own scribbling of the word's she'd been attempting to learn. A heavy rain had turned the outside grounds into a muddy trap as the bleak month of January waned. Grace set down her quill and looked up from the book; a hand massaged her forehead where a dull ache had begun to spread behind her eyes. She peered down at the scribbles before her. They would make little sense to anyone else...They hardly made sense to her, and she closed the book in frustration. 'Aiy...life was easy when ye had nothin' to worry 'bout but your own skin and who'd supply your meager supper.' Speaking of supper..her stomach gave a long low growl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for Somewhere to Belong   Searching for Somewhere to Belong Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Searching for Somewhere to Belong
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Louis, Louisas & Friends Place :: The Village :: Claddagh Village-
Jump to: