Louis, Louisas & Friends Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louis, Louisas & Friends Place

A Role Play Village

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Claddagh Market Square

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Louis Folger
Admin
Admin
Louis Folger

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Claddagh Market Square Empty
PostSubject: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 pm

Claddagh Market Square Marketplace
Back to top Go down
http://rohnanandlousias.heavenforum.com
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:57 pm

On her way home from the Tavern, Louisa decided to take the road leading to the Town market, she always managed to loose herself while walking around marvelling at all goods and wares that was on sale. Stopping by a stall full of beautiful bolts of coloured fabrics, she let her hand gently run over a cream coloured silk and imagined it made into a lovley ball gown. Smiling at her where her thoughts ran she let her hand linger a few moments more before storing that little fantasy awhile. "One of these days" she thought "I will have saved enough to afford a few yards to make that dress". Moving further along she bought a couple of loaves and searched out a butcher to buy some meat to have for dinner later.

Breathing in deeply the smells of the different spices and herbs lingered on the night air. Skirting around a man pushing his cart, she laughed as a group of children played tag using her body as a shield from the one who was it. Smiling she watched as they ran off happy and carefree as only children can be. Sighing she remembered her own childhood the happy times of running with the village children causing mischief as only wee ones could.

With a smile on her face she then turned towards home happy in the knowledge she had chosen well in living in this town.
Back to top Go down
http://rohnanandlousias.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Molly Rose

Molly Rose

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:36 pm

On her way to 'The Red Boar' Molly decided to pay a quick visit to the marketplace to see if there was wheat for sale. As usual the market was a hive of activity, villagers going about their daily business. The air filled with the sounds of voices of the sprukers all trying to attract customers to their respective stalls. As Molly enter the market place she saw a lady heading in the opposite direction.....[color=red]" Hello there"... Molly extended her hand....." I am Molly Rose how are you this fine day?".... Molly smiled
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Hearing a voice greet her...Louisa looked up to see the lady she had saw earlier in the day at the Tavern she had just left. Taking her out stretched hand she smiled and replied "Pleased to met you Molly Rose! Im Louisa and Im very good on this beautiful day' giving the young ladies hand a squeeze. "Come out to do some shopping have we?, I'm just picking up a few things on my home to cook for dinner" Smiling she moved her parcels to her other arm "Well Molly, I hope to see you again soon and I think we will..especially if you are in the Red Boar...my home away from home". Grinning she said her good byes and headed of home, turning back to wave at the other lass.
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 12:51 am

Louisa's mad dash from the tavern raised quite a few eyebrows from those townsfolk mingling around. The sight of a giggling young lady running as if the devil himself was on her tail made a few laugh themselves when they saw a limping young man trying to catch up to her.

"Dear Jah, I'm in so much trouble this time" she thought as the market place loomed up ahead. Not daring to turn and look over her shoulder to see where he was she kept up the pace until she had to slow down due to the amount of people heading to the market.

Stopping near one of the stalls, she turn to see where he was....frowning she searched the sea of smiling happy faces that were wandering around. Giggling to herself she wondered how he could have gotten lost. Standing on her tippy toes she still couldn't see hide nor hair of him. " Funny we aren't that far from the tavern" she spoke out loud....standing with her hands on hips she debated whether to walk back just to see if he had in fact left the tavern or was sitting quite comfortably sipping another whiskey........
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:24 am

With Louisa over his shoulder ranting like a banshee, Lys carried on walking smiling at Pk as if Louisa was asleep, well let's be fair....she was anything but asleep...or the townsfolk within a 3 mile radius.

Quote :
"Lys...PUT ME DOWN !!!!..." ........"If you don't put me down this minute!!...are you listening to me....Lys please..."....."Oh for Jah's sake...I have two legs...Please ...PUT ME DOWN.... RIGHT NOW..."...."Ok..I give up...I'll behave...." ......."Besides...the view from this side is quite.....well intriguing..."

Poor Louisa's pleads changed more tactics than an army general, but Lys knew as soon as he put her down he would have to run faster then a scolded cat with a pack of hounds on it's trail. Breaking into voice Lys decides to seranade her ..... " Tonight..tonight., the moon is so bright ...tonight is so right for love..... " Now for some unknown reason.....and Lys was baffled why.....his song fell on deaf ears ....well it seemed that way for it had no effect on Louisa .

Just five yards from the Market, and with a mischievious smile on his face , Lys decided there was a way to relent and answer Louisa's pleads . Entering the Market he stops, with Pk looking on in wonderment as to what will be Lys' fate as soon as Louisa's feet touched ' tera firma ' .
Bending down slowly, letting her feet rest on the ground, Lys straighten, took Louisa in his arms, slowly leaning her over his bent leg, and gave her a long, lingering kiss . Her arms Flayed out , eyes nearly poping out of her head in utter surprise as she looked him in the eyes.

Bringing her back up to a standing position, Lys followed with....." Feel better now hunni ? " as he looked at her smiling......... " Are you ready now to see dear Brucie and Jean Pac ..? "
Back to top Go down
pkboo
pkboo

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:36 am

When I notce Lys smiling at me I wink at him and continue walking to the market. When we get to the market entrance we stop and I look around in amazement. When I look back I see Lys put Louisa down then kiss her. As he does that I blush and look the other way.
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:02 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being jostled around was not Louisa's idea of fun. As they drew closer to the market she wondered when he was going to put her down...she had quietened down...just the occasional rude remark was emitted. The thoughts running round her brain as to what punishment would be fit to dish out was keeping her occupied, so much so that she didn't pay any attention to him when he broke out into song.

Trying to get her bearings she noticed that that weren't that far from the market...surely he didn't mean to carry her the whole way to the establishments of her friends. Dear Jah what a sight that would be...and Bruce and Jean-Luc would have enough gossip to last a lifetime.

He stopped abruptly and to her sheer relief bent to place her feet once again of firm ground. Finally standing on her own two feet Louisa looked at at him as she felt his arms go round her....not to be deter she was about to give this man the ear bashing of his life, ooh he'd be wanting the earth to open up and swallow him for treating her like a sack of pototates....when to her shock he bent her back and with deliberate slowness kissed her long and lingering. If ever there was a way to shut Lousia up..Lys had hit the jackpot...the complete utter shock off finding his lips on hers rendered any scolding thoughts from her head permanently. Standing upright again she vaguely heard him say....

Quote :
" Feel better now hunni ? " " Are you ready now to see dear Brucie and Jean Luc ..? "

Looking up at him she tried to put sentences together in her head to answer him but to her embarassement could only utter a stupid sounding "Huh?"
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Unsure who was the more surprised , Louisa or Pk . for the embarrassed Pk could only look around at all the people standing around staring at them . The kiss done it for her, not knowing where to put her face, it was anywhere but to look at her two companions..

A smile donned his face as Lys tried had to think of a follow-up to Louisa's narrated essay , " HUH? " ( unbridged) What more appropriate could it be than his next action ? Taking her hand in his, he slowly walked the dazed Louisa through the market , grinning and raising his eyebrows up and down . Mimmicing the explanation, with no sound coming from his lips to all as they passed... " The wife.. just been married... "

The claps and cheers still ringing in his ears as they neared the chosen furniture shop , the said Brucie was standing in his shop doorway. A look of expectation on his business-like face. Stopping in front of him,Lys turns to the still-in-a-daze Louisa ... " Hunni , we are here........" Looking back to Brucie, he explains...." The realisation of our wedding , the fabulous home, and now coming to buy the furniture of her dreams has been a bit too much for her take in. " Bringing his hand to his mouth in a surprised expression, he tells Lys....... " Oh my... well this does seem to have changed Miss.....I mean... begging your pardon dear ....Mrs Louisa's prior arrangement some how ...." Holding the gaze of the somewhat less than sure of himself Brucie, Lys , with the air of confidence about him .... " Please, it is alright ....it was a last minute decision to bring the wedding forward, you were not to know. "

Pk , looking just as surprised as poor Brucie, she could only look at Lys with a blank expression. Turning his attention to her , Lys leaned close and whispered in her ear .... " I do believe that my home will have some wonderful furniture and fittings ... don't you ? "
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:22 pm

What could she do...? Being carried over his shoulder was bad enough...but the kiss he just gave her...well everything she was going to say about the way he treated her flew out of her mind....hearing his words uttered to all and sundry as he took her hand... 'the wife'. "What wife" she thought, "He never said he was married"....Looking around she saw the smiles and nods from the village folk she suddenly realised that those people thought that SHE was his wife.

The thoughts that whirled round her poor brain, dear Jah how was she ever to get out of this...they only met a few days ago and now he has her as his wife !!!. Before Louisa knew where she was they were standing outside Bruce's furniture shop and Lys was greeting him like a friend. Once more she heard him repeat the story of just being married, buying a new house and....dear me...this man is going to be the death of me... Watching him whisper to Pk about getting the furniture he now wanted in the first place drew Louisa out of her foggy daze. Eyes narrowed she looked over at a stunned Bruce and gave him a wink and a very cheeky smile.....

Giving herself a little shake Louisa turned with a bright smile on her face as she wrapped her arms around Lys waist....."Oh yes Bruce..." she giggled "Lys couldn't wait to be married so to appease him I agreed to marry earlier than expected" smiling up into her new "husbands" face "and for agreeing to be wed so early as a wedding gift to me, he has decided to allow me complete control over the decoration of our new home, so all the things we spoke of before my good friend still stand..."

Unwrapping her arms from him she takes his hand and pulls him towards the counter, "Come my love, and see just what Bruce and myself have picked out" Giving Pk a side long look she quickly winked at her then turned her full attention back to her "husband".....
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 7:02 pm

Geez ! mistake number one , whispering to Pk...my dazed 'wife' came out of her suspended animation as she overheard what was conversed between us! Well now Lys.. you better think darn fast if you are going to keep one step ahead !

Quote :
....."Oh yes Bruce..." she giggled "Lys couldn't wait to be married so to appease him I agreed to marry earlier than expected" smiling up into her new "husbands" face "and for agreeing to be wed so early as a wedding gift to me, he has decided to allow me complete control over the decoration of our new home, so all the things we spoke of before my good friend still stand..."

Taken back by Louisa' sudden transformation, Lys was a bit surprised to say the least, as once more she had re-grasp the upper hand in their running battle of wits. Now....what does he do ? mind racing like mad , he finds himself being dragged into the shop by her. Standing at the counter of the now more confident Brucie, Louisa adds with a look of " Now I have the reins ! ".............

Quote :
"Come my love, and see just what Bruce and myself have picked out"

The silly smirk on dear Brucie's face was soon wiped off when Lys regaining his composure, states with an icy stare ...... My beloved wife would like the finest furniture your establishment has to offer.....and you being a man of renouned taste would never dream of treating her with so much disrespect by palming her off with the .....how shall I put it ?......disaster pieces.......now would you ?" Gone ...in an instant his composure was lying on the floor in complete shattered pieces as he befumbled exclamations ..... " But the ....lady...no Sir....I mean..... we only have......" You had to feel sorry for poor brucie...I mean first it's a pleasing the lady with her plan , then it's changed plan by the gentleman , then the lady's plan was brought back to the fore , and now .....now the gentleman had his nerves in shreds with his cold stare ! who was he to please ? .......no contest ....
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 8:25 pm

"Now..Now...my dearest...Bruce here has our best interests at heart, no need to go all macho over this" Louisa stated as she placed her hand on his arm and fluttered her eyelashes at him. Turning back to Bruce and giving him her most dazzling smile continued "Take no notice of him my dear man, he gets a bit grouchy around this time of the day and what with the quick wedding and buying a new house he's just a bit frazzled at the moment" Louisa stood as bold as day playing one man against the other, one that wants to do the right thing and play along with the original plan...the other that started the whole business but was now well and truely out of his depth..not only finding himself with a new home but a new "wife" to boot. This was one time that Louisa wasn't going to pass up in a blue fit and let him off lightly.

Beckoning to Pk to join at the counter, Louisa asked " Bruce can you be a dear and bring out the drawings that Jean-Luc did for me?" As he turned away to retrieve the said drawings she chanced a quick look at Lys to gauge his reaction. Quickly looking away before a smirk could alert him to the fact on how much she was enjoying their banter once more.

Smiling as Bruce open the folder in front of her she related what she was thinking of doing to both Pk and Lys... "Right my sweet, these are just a few of the rooms I thought could be done first." Turning the drawings so that both Lys and Pk had a good view...she began her reasoning behind the choices laid out in front of them.

Claddagh Market Square 032308_bj1
"This is what I had in mind for the palour...now I know I mentioned candy colours but Bruce here said to tone it down at bit"

Pulling forward the next drawing...Louisa not once looking to either of them otherwise the whole charade would be over due to her falling about in laugher.

Claddagh Market Square Arm56pink

"Now this is more like it....see how all the shades of pink look so divine with the outdoors? and can't you just see us sitting enjoying our early morning cuppa my love?"
Trying very hard to keep herself under control...she drew the final drawing towards them..looking up a Bruce marvelling at just how he could keep such a straight face,she gave the final desription...

Claddagh Market Square CA83MN6MCA43FWENCA2ODW7WCAVPTN7HCA1

"Now, I know I have used alot of pink in the previous drawings so I relented and decided to replace the candy striped carpet with the most unusual black and white one"
Having shown her hand she stood there beaming at the pair of them awaiting their comments, knowing full well the explosion that was going to happen when he got over his shock...
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 am

Quote :
" Bruce can you be a dear and bring out the drawings that Jean-Luc did for me?"

Taking one look at Louisa then a worried glance at Lys, his confidence still nowhere near back to normal ,Brucie stood there brain suspended in turmoil. With his attention on Louisa..." Come , Come Brucie...the lady's waiting." Lys could not have shocked him more if he had pulled out his dagger and stabbed him. The nerve shattered Brucie nigh on jumped out of his skin. " Yes sir, ...sorry miss louisa .....my mistake ...Mrs...." After the third attempt of holding onto the folder ( he dropped it twice) Taking out the drawings he handed them to Louisa. Off she went with her narration of the planned decor and furnishings for his home.

Quote :
"This is what I had in mind for the palour...now I know I mentioned candy colours but Bruce here said to tone it down at bit"

Turning the first design picture over for them all to see, Lys looked at it ...then at Brucie, and with a serious look on his face ....said nothing......

Quote :
"Now this is more like it....see how all the shades of pink look so divine with the outdoors? and can't you just see us sitting enjoying our early morning cuppa my love?"

When Louisa turn the next picure over he listened intently to her, then slowly taking his eyes from the designer , Brucie , he took in the full layout and color featutre.. Very slowly he returned his gaze back to Brucie . Finding the designer looking for his reaction, Lys just held his apprehensive look....then said.......nothing ...........

Quote :
"Now, I know I have used alot of pink in the previous drawings so I relented and decided to replace the candy striped carpet with the most unusual black and white one"

Unblinking , expressionless, lys held his eyes. Even when Louisa turned the third and final graphic design over, Lys held his eyes . What he he saw there amounted to more than apprehension ...it was bordering on the lines of sheer terror.....once more Lys failed to pass a comment....

Whithout warning Lys' hand shot out towards the designer , Placing it on his shoulder stating... Brucie ...If that is what the lady wants......who are we to say no ? .... Now... we are going on honeymoon....when we come back ....I want to see you have done yourself proud....
Back to top Go down
pkboo
pkboo

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:55 am

After coming out of a daze about hearing of Lys & Louisa's quick marriage she walks over to Louisa and looks at the drawings that Brucie had brought out and I look at them with shock & interest. "Interesting designs I don't think I would have personally chosen them."

Claddagh Market Square Ladies%20Parlor
"This probably would be the parlor I would choose."

Claddagh Market Square Sunroom_frontpage2
"And this as my sun room. I am not the type that likes so much bold colors in a house'
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:12 am

Louisa waited...and waited....frowning she couldn't figure out why it was so silent. She nearly jumped out of her skin on seeing his hand shoot out towards poor Bruce and Lys state.......

Quote :
Brucie ...If that is what the lady wants......who are we to say no ? ....

Upon hearing those words her jaw nearly dropped to the floor....this wasn't the reaction she thought would come out. Turning to face him she searched his face for any signs of what was going on inside his brain...but Lys attention was solely on Bruce. But hearing his next words nearly sent her into a screaming fit....

Quote :
Now... we are going on honeymoon....when we come back ....I want to see you have done yourself proud....

Gripping the top of the counter her knuckles turning white, she turned and looked up him in desperation...."Honeymoon" she squeaked.....closing her eyes she cleared her throat....and tried again.... "Ah yes honeymoon..." she finally got out...giggling a little she collected her thoughts and smiled brightly. "How silly of me to forget our honeymoon sweetheart."

Giving Bruce a wide grin she added "Ahh ...Bruce you do have a little while to get things together...unbeknown to my new husband, and I kept this as a surprise till now, we will be spending our honeymoon at the Hamilton family home. My family will be delighted to know I am now married and will be eager to see just who I have picked"

Once again she wrapped her arms around him her body shaking with laughter and the thought of him meeting her family ......even in jest...the thought was so...
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 4:36 am

Quote :
"Ahh ...Bruce you do have a little while to get things together...unbeknown to my new husband, and I kept this as a surprise till now, we will be spending our honeymoon at the Hamilton family home. My family will be delighted to know I am now married and will be eager to see just who I have picked"

The Hamilton family home ! Now there is a name that conjures up a most frightening array of thoughts, especially to the unexpected . The family is vast and has many off shoots and links to other families throughout the british Isles. It is said that to cross them would be worst than crossing the King of England and he can be a mean sod !

Turning to look at Louisa, he searched her smiling face as she played along to there so called honeymoon.
Quote :
"How silly of me to forget our honeymoon sweetheart."
Lys marveled at the way her counternance carried off the charade. Not fooled for a minute, he knew she had something cooking on the back-burner of that mischievious mind of hers. Well..... maybe she always got the upper hand in situations like this, but that was before she met Lys.....

Taking her in his arms and hugging her close ... " Oh hunni.....I get to meet all the Hamilton family .....you have done that or me ? I am so pleased !!.......and on the way I have arranged a very special wedding treat for you......A very good friend of mine has his own circus and has ask if we would like to travel with him.I jump at the chance, saying I would be wed by then, and you would love to come along with me ....Darling... we are going to ride up very close to your family.......on an Elephant ! one for you... and one for me !
Holding in his laughter , that was threatening to explode .. he added.... " I just knew you would be pleased .....don't she Brucie ....don't she look so ....so radiant ? "
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:06 pm

"Dear Jah, does this man never gives up" she thought laughing inwards. Louisa decided that when this was all over she was going to find a quiet spot somewhere and drink herself stupid, but in the meantime she had to deal with the here and now. The thought of meeting of ones family should have had him with second thoughts...but no..not this one...this one embraces that fact.

Her head against his shoulder she took in his words one at a time, "A circus, elephants, one each... good grief she could just see her cousins faces as they paraded up to the front enterance." she thought a bubble of laughter started to well up. Leaning back she grinned up at him "Lyskard you daft man, where on earth were you going to produce two elephants from, methinks you like to tell tall tales M'lord."

Grinning over at Bruce she raised eyebrows at him and said oh so seriously... "Looks like the game is up my good man...seems Lys has worked us out and at my expense and now half the village think we actually went and got married !" Turning to look at poor Pk who by now most probably thinks that we are the most insane people on the face of the earth. "I'm sorry Pk ...we've been having a running battle this past few days and this little escapade is just the continuation of it."

"Now my good man, I think its about time you showed our new home owner here the better quality of furnishings that you actually have in stock before he starts another rumour with me with child and ready to deliver here on the floor."
Giggling at the thought she smiled up at Lys "How about a truce, for maybe and hour or two so that you can choose what you really would like in your new place and I promise in that time not to get up to any mischief" Trying hard to keep a straight face so he'd believe what she was saying Louisa only suceeded in bursting out into a fit of laughter.....
Back to top Go down
Louis Folger
Admin
Admin
Louis Folger

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 12:08 am

After his brisk walk down the road from his cottage, Louis entered the busy market square, the market was busy as many villagers went about their business. Louis wandered through the stalls, checking out the merchandise. At the grocers stall Louis saw a good selection of the freshest veggies he had seen in quite awhile......'I'll take a basket of assorted vegetables please'.....Louis said to the stall holder. Claddagh Market Square Fresh-vegetables

Louis handed over some coins .....'thank you very much,....., moving on, Louis meandered around the market, soaking in the enviroment, he could not help but think ......'how good it was to be home'....... Hearing a familiar voice as he passed a stall, Louis saw his friends Louisa, Pkboo and Lyskard.......'Hello Lou, PK, Lys hows things going, I trust we are all well'....
Back to top Go down
http://rohnanandlousias.heavenforum.com
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:03 am

While in the market with Louisa, still in a daze , and Pk looking on in wonderment . we hear a voice behind greeting us. Turning to the caller we find our good friend Louis...

Quote :
.....'Hello Lou, PK, Lys hows things going, I trust we are all well'....

" Hey Louis , how are you my friend ?.....It's good to see ya back , have a good trip ?.... Please excuse our poor louisa here , she's just had a shock.......whether she will ever recover is any one's guess. I hope she does though, she's gonna help me choose furniture for my home. And without her finesse I'm lost." Taking Louisa by the hand, Lys carries on to the shop of Brucie. " Catcha later Louis at the tav." He calles back to him.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am

Quote :
"Looks like the game is up my good man...seems Lys has worked us out and at my expense and now half the village think we actually went and got married !"

The game is up ? now what ploy is she up to...?..trying to get him to drop his guard ?Well... if the dear lady says ..... "Looks like the game is up....." who was he ....a mere man to say otherwise ?....That was until she followed it with a giggle......

Quote :
"Now my good man, I think its about time you showed our new home owner here the better quality of furnishings that you actually have in stock before he starts another rumour with me with child and ready to deliver here on the floor."

"Yeah ..........right " thought Lys..." I ony devised being married to ya on entering the market......how in the world are ya gonna concieve stood there in front of Brucie ..? I'm good yeah....but not that good !!! "..... all these little quirks run through his mind as he listens to her...and of course the usual mischievious smile in place. Louisa's next comment nearly brought poor Lys to a coughing fit........

Quote :
"How about a truce, for maybe and hour or two so that you can choose what you really would like in your new place and I promise in that time not to get up to any mischief"

" You believe that statement .....do you ? ...no ?....nor me !!!Collecting his demeanour, Lys looks at Louisa then, with an almost believable expression, answers.........Yes of course, we was just have a little joke between us .........wasn't we ?....my Cariad ? (now translate that..! thought Lys).....Brucie ....I am sorry I put the wind up you I am Lyskard......all my friends....and VERY, VERY close friends..( looking at Louisa and smiling) call me Lys ......." Gently this time placing his arm around the little more relaxed Brucie's shoulders, Lys carries on with..... "Shall we get down to business of emptying your shop ? "

All seemed to be agreed that they would be serious......until all that flew out the window with Louisa when she broke into fits of laughter. Keeping a dead-pan look, Lys looked at her hands and could just picture size 8 boxing gloves on them in his mind's eye......then a smirk took the place of the dead-pan look.......for again in his mind's eye......behind his back he wore a size 15...!!!!

OOC: Cariad translates....Beloved......
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Hearing a familar voice, Louisa turned and smiled as she caught sight of Louis, basket in hand. "Hello stranger! How's things? Yes, see you in the tavern" Repeating Lys invite over her shoulder as he led her back into the shop.

"Okay Bruce this time can you bring out the other folder?" Watching as he went off to retrieve the official one Louisa kept a cheeky smile pasted on her face. No need for him to feel all secure and the like... With Bruce pushing the folder her way she began to lay out a number of different pictures all bar two which she then kept face down. "Right, these are a few that myself and Bruce put together, have a look and see if they are anything like you are looking for" indicating the two face down, "Ahh .... these two are special...kind of a present from me to you, they should take pride of place in your new home" Grinning she scooped up the last two mentioned pictures and stepped back, awaiting with much anticipation at his reaction. But before he could take a good look Louisa placed her hand on his arm stopping him for just a minute..."Oh and by the way "My Cariad" may not be what you think once you see for yourself" unable to hold back she began once again to laugh.

Claddagh Market Square Diningroom4
[IMG]https://2img.net/h/i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/maxie_123/diningroom3.gif[/I
Claddagh Market Square Furuniture
Claddagh Market Square Hddsn210_Fireplace-Room-After_w609
Claddagh Market Square Frntroom-1-500
Claddagh Market Square Diningroom1

"Now these are only a few...remember we can get more combinations of others if these don't suit your needs"

"Right...now that you have looked at those..." pointing to the ones he just looked at "these...well...these are to remember our time together...the search for a perfect home for you, when you look at these...please do with fond rememberance of our time together" Holding the two pictures in front of her she added with a hint of mischief..."One is to be placed in the front foyer...for all to see when they come and visit you...the other takes prided and place in your front garden, to remember our brief marriage and non-existant honeymoon..."

With a flourish and an uncontrollable urge to laugh she placed them on top of the others....slowly backing away, she gave reign to the urge and began to giggle....

Claddagh Market Square 401314950_723b6c2a10
Claddagh Market Square Elephant_up_big2303
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:19 pm

Quote :
"Okay Bruce this time can you bring out the other folder?"................. "Right, these are a few that myself and Bruce put together, have a look and see if they are anything like you are looking for"
Lys stood at the counter a smile still in place as Brucie passed the folder from beneath the counter to Louisa. Turning the first picture over, at first Lys never nooked at it , instead he continued search Louisa's face for some indication that another stunt was to be pulled. Even when she turned all but two, he was still looking for the signs. She had something up her sleeve that he was sure of, and he wondered what it could be. Being a patient man he would wait. Now for the pictures.....The smile vanished from his face as he looked first at the pictures, then up to her, and back to the pictures again . Picking up the first one he waved it up and down, mouth slowly talking but no sounds coming out. To those watching a fair discription would have been, a goldfish calling it's mate...bob..bob....He was completely gob-smacked. She was really serious, the picture he held in his hand, was perfect for what he was looking for. Ignoring his disposition, Louisa carried on.
Quote :
..."Oh and by the way "My Cariad" may not be what you think, once you see for yourself"..
Hell...there is that little reminder that maybe..........that..that...damm...what is she up to ?
Quote :
"Now these are only a few...remember we can get more combinations of others if these don't suit your needs"
Playing along with being serious, but being wary.... Louisa, Brucie, I want the furniture and decor in pictures ..one ..two and four....and I'm commissioning you both to go all the way ...the whole house...
Quote :
"Right...now that you have looked at those..." pointing to the ones he just looked at "these...well...these are to remember our time together...the search for a perfect home for you, when you look at these...please do with fond rememberance of our time together"
Stunned as he lifted his gaze sharply up to her face, Lys thought ... ".....please do with fond rememberance of our time together"......is that it ? the end of their brief acquaintance ? Hell....he had been having the happiest time of his life.... why did she want to draw the curtains on it now ?..well she has to have her reasons .......
Turning over the final two pictures, interest fading, Lys looks down at them reluctantly........then his face lit up.....
Quote :
..."One is to be placed in the front foyer...for all to see when they come and visit you...the other takes pride and place in your front garden, to remember our brief marriage, and non-existant honeymoon...
Well....now who had the last laugh?.....holding up his hands, palms facing her .... Ok hunni ..I admit..you lost most of the battles ......but you sure has hell have won this one !! " Dropping his hands he walks to her and gives her a hug...
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:24 pm

Louisa had enjoyed the past few days, from showing Lys around the homes she had listed for him right up to the whole pink decor charade and everything inbetween. Now she stood back and watched his reaction...from one of wariness....as he should be with her around...to one of ...well to be honest he looked like a fish out of water...gasping for breath...mouth opening and closely with a look of utter astonishment.

Smiling pleased with herself....actually very pleased that he liked what they had put together in such a short time.....so much so she and Bruce now had the go ahead to decorate the rest of the house.

She watched in amusement his reaction to her words.....was like he had just lost his best friend....even when she had turned over the last two posts it was like the fun is now over....reminded her of brithday parties that ended all too soon when she was younger...

So when he finally did look at them his whole attitude changed from one of the fun is up to one of the fun is still going on... until he mentioned she had lost most of the battles!. What cheek he had of saying that.... "Excuse me?, just who lost most of the battle?" she stood hands on hips in utter amazement at the gall of the man. Even when he walked towards her and hugged her, Louisa's mind was ticking over..... "Ahh" she thought "minor battles aren't what she wanted to win...it was the major batttle than interested her". Grinning up at him she gave him a wink saying "What about a whiskey or two? I think I at least deserve that!"Drawing back she motioned to Pk "Care to join us at th Tavern Pk?" Looking at Bruce smiling warmly "You and I have a date to go over more combinations of furniture for other rooms...will talk to you soon to set a time and day that suits you"Tucking her hand thru his arm she motioned with one hand "Lead on McDuff the tavern awaits"
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 8:11 pm

"Oh brucie you coniving Rascal !" Lys thought as Louisa had brought the real intended pictures out to show him. But he had been had and Laughed afterwards at the shrewd way Louisa had pulled it off.

" Now Lys my boy you are just going to have to get your thinking cap on next time.....Linking arms they both walk out the shop after asking Pk if she was coming too. Walking through the Market their banter started up again...With a dead-pan look on his face once more Lys set off the conversation...." I can not believe you had just made a date with a guy in front of your new husband. what ever will he think ? and Pk for that matter !..... Oh the burden I am carrying....what happened to those vows? you forgotten already ?" Now what he was expecting her reaction to be is anyone's guess, he needed a diversion....." One moment hunni..". Stopping outside a shop, he darted in and out within a moment.Looking at her, a devilish smile on his face, he lifts her left hand and slides a ring on her finger..." There you are hunni ...it was a rush this morning... forgot to get the most important item... you like it ?.." Looking searchingly at her face , Lys wonders how happy she will be.......or more to the point...how quick she will endevour to knock him out ! Well all the ppl who had seen them earlier, waved and smiled, when they saw them walking by, arms linked and smiling. He had to keep up appearances didn't he ? A tiff in the market wouldn't look good , not to a newly married couple, what ever would they think ?
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Waving her farewell to Bruce they decended on the path once more leading to the Tavern. The market place was a hive of activity...the sights and sounds all blending together as the hawkers plied their wares and the excited squeals of children out with their parents to the smells of baking bread and cakes. The sun was shining down brightly and the sky a beautiful blue with no clouds to be seen. Louisa had enjoyed herself this morning...and if she was truthful...the past few days were more full filled than the whole past year. But now with the first hurdled crossed with Lys approval the rest of his home would be furnished much more to his taste...but with a few little tweeks here and there. Lost in her own musings her attention was brought back to the man walking beside her..

Quote :
" I can not believe you had just made a date with a guy in front of your new husband. what ever will he think ? and Pk for that matter !..... Oh the burden I am carrying....what happened to those vows? you forgotten already ?"

Coming to a dead stop she stood and looked up at him in astonishment, the next he was off and entering a shop returning as quick as he left... taking her left hand he place a... "Good grief...a ring !" Looking up and him and back down as he then added....

Quote :
" There you are hunni ...it was a rush this morning... forgot to get the most important item... you like it ?.."

Laughing in delight...and thinking to herself "the man's daft ! but this is the second or is it the third time he has referred to us being 'married' so...why not...lets just see how far he will take this or in fact let her."
Eyes shining with excitement she held her hand up and admired the gold band "Oh my love...its..its..divine..." she squealed in glee. Those village folk milling around stopped and watched the pair knowing smiles and nods exchanged.

Stepping forward she flung her arms around him..."You have made me the most happiest woman alive" she declared outloud but in a lowered voice that only he could hear "even though I don't remember the ceremony my dear !" a cheeky grin appeared on her face. Placing a her hand on his cheek she looked deeply into his eyes. "Come my love, lets drink to a long an happy marriage" Once again tucking her arm in his she lead him towards the tavern and that promised whiskey...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claddagh Market Square   Claddagh Market Square Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Claddagh Market Square
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next