Louis, Louisas & Friends Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louis, Louisas & Friends Place

A Role Play Village

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lyskard's Manor

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyskard

Lyskard

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:34 am

The saddle weary traveller stops it the village of Claddagh . Six feet tall and of heavy muscular appearance , Broad shoulders and slim of waist , sun burnt from a life in the open air. The stranger shifted all his weight onto one stirrup , slipping his other foot from the remaining stirrup , lifting his body off his horse lightening, a stallion a black as the pits of hell .

Standing beside his horse the stranger surveys his surroundings . Quite a pictureque place ...... yes ... an ideal place for a man to place his roots ...he reasons to himself . Lifting his hand to the horse's head , picking up it's reins he leads the mount to what looked like the local drinking parlour " the red Boar". Tying the reins to a post the stranger climbs the step to enter . Best place to find all there is to know about this quaint little village , he mused . Walking through the doors he ajusts his focus from the bright sunlight that has been his companion these last 12 months . Good day to you Sir , a Whiskey please .. taking a few coins he places them on the bar.

Last edited by Lyskard on Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:42 pm

The day starts at the local Tavern , " the Red Boar" . Meeting Louisa to help view the local properties up for sale . Now this is gonna be a day to remember ! keep a tight lip ? goodness no ! let's carry on living dangerously ! Lys starts with a quip about Lou's love of the golden nectar . which leaves them both in a fit of laughter exiting the tavern .

First port of call ? we've had that , "the Red Boar " so it the second port of call really , the first home . Lys. wonders " I hope she is gonna take me serious ... a home with a roof !!! Seen enough stars to make my own galaxy ! " Lys., thinks as his vivid sense of humour starts to run amok .

Laughter and wise cracks seem the topic of conversation as they both head to the first view . Lys looks at Louisa and quips...... " Will the price be more for walls and a possiblely a roof ? or are the optional extras ? " then ... " If I ask politely , will the inside be divided into rooms ? or will that be more added extras ? " And so the banter went on from Lys. by the time they reached the first view , Louisa did not know whether to laugh or cry at Lys. ..or both .
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Enjoying the banter that was continuing from when we left the tavern, Louisa was getting the feeling that he didn't trust her judgement in homes. Stopping she put her hand on his arm "Oh ? you want rooms divided as well as four walls AND a roof?" looking at him in horror..."My goodness you don't want much...of course that is going to cost you more !" moving off again she muttered loud enough for him to hear "next you'll be wanting running water and windows " looking away from him "and here I thought you a man of few needs" she tried desperately not to burst out laughing. "Come on the first is just around the corner..."
Lyskard's Manor 2730216_WPMLS_p1

"As you can see...it does have all you require...but...you really want four walls....you know they are over rated...and a roof...blah...where is your adventure man..." she continued her banter watching his face closely. Smiling she arched her eyebrow at him and said "But I think the running water is a bit much...there is a stream out back..perfect for bathing and washing clothes" eyeing him standing there continued "a man built like yourself should have no worries lugging the buckets of water each day for your use and the garden...well that doesnt come with the house...the owners are packing it up and taking it with them..." no longer able to keep a straight face Louisa gave way and burst out laughing.

In her eyes the house was perfect for him...but then she was looking at it from a female angle.....gardens well tended, the home well looked after and plenty of room to play and entertain when needed. Standing a few feet away from him she kept trying to wipe the smirk of her face..."That will teach him to have a bit more faith in her" she thought...

Last edited by louisa_hamilton on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rohnanandlousias.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:53 am

Throughout their joviality Lys. was nigh on in tears as the banter carried on as they turned the corner to see the magnicent first home . With an eagerness to view inside Louisa stops him in his tracks . ...understanding that she was still jostling with him , even though she put on a serious expression ..it never reached her eyes . " WHAT ? it is really gonna cost a lot more to have rooms ? AND a roof ? oh my giddy aunt !..... it don't look like I will have much change out of the few shekels I brought along , is it ? " The shocked expression that Lys. adorned more that matched Louisa's ... " An...and.. no WATER inside ? what in the world am I to do ? can't wash in the stream , I'll freeze ! " Then the built up sustained laughter could no longer be contained , both let out a burst of laughter as Lys. was ready to admit , he had met is match in the banter stakes. Would he admit it openly ? goodness , NO !! ther was so much more fun to be had ..and he needed it .

The house looked perfect ..every thing he was looking for was right before him ..but will he buy it ? Hell no ! there is more fun to be had ...and a lot more hours in the day ..plus he had the company of louisa ...what better way to spend the day ? [b] " I suppose we can have a quick look at it , they must be reluctant to sell ... they aint out side with their begging bowls ! "
Walking to the entrance Lys follows a step behind . Entering with Louisa as they are greeted by the seller . Taking on a grand tour , every thing Lys saw he liked , even the manicured gardens . In a casual many he looked at the seller stating .. " The only draw-back though , is the journey down to the stream to collect the dailly water , I would have liked to have my water indoors .." Turning slightly looking at Louisa as he spoke the last few words .. laughter in his eyes and a quick smirk ...
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:04 am

Oh hearing his complaint of no running water to the seller, Louisa nearly choked, biting on her bottom lip nearly drawing blood she interrupted him and looked towards the seller smiling at them "I'm sorry Lys here still thinks we are still living in the dark ages out here and havent heard let alone have running water inside our homes" giving them a look of "outsiders" she pushed him out the door before she nearly wet herself in laughing.

Halfway down the path she had to sit, she was laughing so hard, not caring what the owners thought. "Dear Jah how was she to get through the rest of the day showing him homes if he was going to be like this at each one." Looking over at him she saw that the dark cloud that surrounded him at the tavern earlier had somewhat lifted. She had taken the job on of finding him somewhere to live and now took the job of making sure his mind was firmly set on having some fun, before it returned to the matter that was bothering him this morning.

"Ok lets see the next one" as she wiped her eyes before attempting to stand and lead him onwards to house number two. Walking the half mile or so to the next one she told him a bit more about it.

"Well I'm sorry, this next house doesnt have the four walls you require, I know you said thats what you wanted but at least it has running water" shrugging she looked up at him a bit appolgetic.

Lyskard's Manor 5183_671629_7533381

"As you can see it has many sides just not the four you were asking for!" she giggled looking at him... "Oh and the garden comes with it this time...but not as much land as the other one, I'm afraid you have to share it with the natives" keeping a straight face was becoming a task in itself. She had no idea why she kept this banter up but made her feel good, this laughing with someone she had only met a short time ago.

"The rooms are divided as you requested...and it comes with its own attached roof. So other than the natives residing next door, this could be the house too" Seeing his look at the mention of natives she gave him a look of reluctance. Taking a deep breath she explained. "Ah the natives...well they are Clan, about 10 or 15 of them living next door...they are night owls apparently,,seems they like the night life." still keeping a straight face she continued her story. "They have a funny way of life as I said you never see them during the day but at night they seem to come out for play and party all night...Oh did I mention the makeup...Oh..yes they kind of remind me of warriers you know the one that paint their faces before heading off to war. One white stripe starting from the tip of their nose up between their eyes the other two stripes fanning out from either side of the nose up under their eyes and finishing past their ears. Funny eating habits too seems they like to eat all natural like." Louisa was nearly fit to burst ...never had she told such a tale in her life and Jah forbid that he struck her down for such blatant stretching of the truth.

Holding it in any more she gave in and once again found herself crying with laughter...."I'm sorry" she sobbed "but the devil made me say those things Im afraid those natives next door are really badgers" Now that the truth was out she was literally howling with laughter. "Poor thing" she thought "He's never going to believe a single thing I say from now on." trying once again to pull herself together she gave it up as a lost cause and just sat there holding her stomach that ached from so much laughing.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Lys. stood there with a look of complete interest pasted on his face as Louisa's discription of the next home they were to view unfolded from her mouth . From the start of ........

"Well I'm sorry, this next house doesnt have the four walls you require, I know you said thats what you wanted but at least it has running water" ........

To the discription of ... "Ah the natives...... His face kept the look on until she could hide her tall story as genuine no longer , letting rip with a burst of laughter , tears rolling down her face Lys joined in with her . He had to admit , she was as good as he was with the gift of leg-pulling . " how in the world any prospective seller is going to take us serious is beyond me ! " he thought as they both tried , and failed , to to bring some sort of decorum amongst themselves before approaching the home he was to view .

" I should have known I had met my match with you , where in the name of Jah did you pull that tall tale from ? " That was as far as he could go with his inquiry before once more they both howled with laughter, tears freely falling down their faces . Geez , and they had yet to go into the second view with more to follow !

Best part of thirty minutes went by before they eventually managed to stopped their laughing , that was only possible by not talking for the last ten minutes . " ok , are we ready to go look at this fine home ......before darkness falls ? " Another fit of hysterics followed before either was in any fit state to continue , but with sheer willpower Lys. and Louisa approached the elegant house . Their call was answered almost imediately by the occupants . With the merriment still adorning their faces , the gentleman took one look at them quipping to his wife " It is so nice to see such a happy pair of faces , don't you think so Dear ? " You do not know the half of it mate , trust me ....you may think different by the time we leave. Lys. thought to himself .

Proceeding to take them around the property the gentleman shows many features , but lys.' mind starts off again . A grin appears , as standing beside Louisa , quips .. " Maybe I could ' set' cupboards along that wall Louisa , say , 12---15 ? painted black and perhaps with two white stripes ? " Sharply turning , a shocked look on his face , the gentleman , Jaw dropping , " WHAT ? you serious ? " With a dead pan face Lys. looks at him reply " Oh , sorry , I did not mean to ...' badger ' you " . How Lys. was able to keep his dead pan look with his insides ready to burst into laughter he didn't know , just to keep up the charade he dare not look at Louisa . " Geez , why not ? go for the whole cake ...asking in an inquiring manner , an eyebrow raised .. " do you have any problems at night with the .... ' natives ' ? I mean are they noisy , troublesome ? ... the good lady here was telling me you have a clan close by " The utter bewilderment on his flustered face was a picture to see as his attention was on Louisa to explain .." WHAT CLAN ? ". there was nothing for lys to do but turn to Louisa and , with his eyebrow still raised look inquiringly at her , a challenging smile in place and laughter dancing in his eyes .

Last edited by Lyskard on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:29 pm

They finally got themselves under some kind of control, looking across the road at the next house she wondered how they were going to get through the next viewing without making fools of themselves.

Quote :
"I should have known I had met my match with you, where in the name of Jah did you pull that tall tale from?"

Grinning at him through her tears she joking replied "If I told you that I'd have to kill you...trade secrets and all...the Order of Leg Pulling would have my hide if I told you" once again a fit of laughing over took her and once again they had to take time to get themselves under control.

Louisa followed as the homes owner took them on a tour of the their lovely home she was content just to listen and look. That was until Lys started on about cupboards anc changing the colours to black and white. Willing herself not to react she tried desperately to look every where except at him. Then the mention of "badgers" undid all the work she had put in to stop herself from falling apart in laughter. A funny squeak escaped and she tried to cough to cover the sound. Clearing her throat she found her lips twitching and her stomach muscles begin to contract as she fought the ever increasing urge to laugh. "Oh dear Jah, Im not going to be able to control myself" she thought. Then to her horror the spotlight was turned once again on her to explain the tale of the "natives" that lived next door. Taking one look at the poor owners face then a quick glance at Lys and she was lost. Stuttering out an appology she could no longer keep the laughter at bay, turning tail she all but ran for the door dragging it open and blindly ran down the path tears of laughter trailing down her face as she collapsed to her knees not far from where they first started.

Louisa at that point didnt care what anyone thought of her unseemingly exit, all that mattered was escape to release this overwhelming urge to laugh till she began to cry from it. Leaving him to explain her exit she rocked back and forth till she could get herself undercontrol. Wiping the tears from her face she waited while trying to stifle another urge to laugh, quite sure the owners thought she was an escapee from the local looney house.... Looking up at the sky she wondered how she was going to survive the next home she had lined up to show him.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:10 am

The bewildered shocked look on home-owners face , and the raised voice inquiring question to Loiusa ..... " WHAT CLAN ? " Was more than She could take , high tailing it off of the property left Lys. the honourable duty to explain to the home owner what Louisa had meant ... Sir ..please , let me explain , Miss Louisa is just recovering from a nervous breakdown , she has had a very tough time trying to come to terms with loss of her pet camel he was a family pet for over fifteen years , they went every where together , the market , visiting , even to the local chapel .........and that's not all.... Telling the story with a sad frown on his face had the home owner shaking his head with condolences.. " and you say there is more ? " Keeping the same sad deadpan look , Lys. continued .... "...Yes , I'm afaid there is ....Her deceased great-grandfather's wart-hog was eaten alive by pirana fish in the local pond .....it pushed over the edge . " It was just too much to handle in three days ." Lys looked up into the home-howners face , the deadpan sad look still there . It was all Lys could do to stop himself from going in hysterics as the guy had tears forming in his eyes . " I am so sorry..I did not realise.. .. was the apologetic reply , offering his understanding to be passed on to Louisa .

Promising to maybe returning , Lys left the house to search out Louisa . Crossing the path then turning the corner he found her doubled over in fit of laughter " how did you get out of that ?......what did you tell him ? " through is own fits of hysterics Lys managed to say ... " I told him about your illness . " With a surpise look an her face , the laughter stopping .... " WHAT illness ? " Relating the story and the way he put it over , and the home-owners reply , the both of them collapsed to there knees in more fits of laughter , his sides screaming for relief . Through his pain from their hysterics , Lys though " I will form my own tall story society after that ! how in the world of Jah I got him to believe that is incomprehencible. " To which set Lys off in more fits of laughter as he pictured the scene in his mind's eye.
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Her sides ached from the shared laughter from the last couple of hours, hearing how he explained my hasty exit I once again joined in the laughter till the penny dropped as to how he had described me. Leaning forward I punched him in the arm, placing a frown on my face "How dare you imply I have a mental illness" I stated with as much annoyance I could muster. Giving him my most bone chilling glare , I haughtily replied "and how can you make so much fun about my poor pet camel that I took everywhere or the fact that my great grandfathers warthog was eaten by those damn...fleshing eating fish he kept in a pond." Taking a quick glance at him she hoped that her resolve wouldn't give in and she start to laugh all over again. To tell the truth, she was enjoying herself so much, it had been such a long time and laughter shared was always a good thing.

Turning her back to him she sat arms crossed in a postition she hoped conveyed the fact that she thought he had insulted her.

"We have one more home to see Sir, that is if you can refrain from bringing my families pet misfortunes up to all and sundry... If you follow me...it is just down the road.."

Louisa stomped off in the direction of the third and final house she had to show him, trying hard not to look around at him lest she gave her game away and started to laugh all over again.

Lyskard's Manor 0173a

"As you can see it has everything you required, walls, divided rooms, running water, gardens, and oh..one of those new thingies.....a ...." she frowned trying to think of the name..."Ah....yes I remember now....a swimming pool" waving her hand in the direction of said pool. Turning to face him once more, she schooled the look of still being utterly annoyed with him, while standing arms once more crossed as she glared at him.....
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:13 pm

Their laughter abounded uncontrollably as Lys. attempted to explain how he managed to leave the last house by himself and not be forcibly removed ...... Then it dawned on Louisa what the said explanation meant . A frown replaced her laughter , hitting out at him her mood seemed to completely do a reverse , from laughter to annoyance . And she did her best to relay it to him . The glare , as he took up her look really showed....until he looked deeper into her expression , it was there for him to see alright but..........it never reached up enough to take the laughter away from her eyes .He knew he had carried on the banter even with his tall story ,and going by her eyes he felt deep down she did too. But a charade had been put up ....a challenge .. " Ah yes , a challenge , and didn't he just love a challenge ! " Turning her back on him and sat , arms folded tight against her chest , Lys gave it the silent treatment . With awkard deliberation , he bent down picking a handful of wild flowers . Squatting on his haunches , he proceeded to play around with them in his hands , waiting for Louisa to make the next move .

Quote :
"We have one more home to see Sir, that is if you can refrain from bringing my families pet misfortunes up to all and sundry... If you follow me...it is just down the road.."

Mumbling an apology quietly , Lys. followed behind her , every now and then bending to gather a handful of more flowers along the way . A little doubt momently flashed across Lys' mind that Louisa WAS in fact affected by his remark to the previous home-owner as she stomped ahead of him , following a few steps behind her .

Quote :
"As you can see it has everything you required, walls, divided rooms, running water, gardens, and oh..one of those new thingies.....a .......ah....yes I remember now....a swimming pool"

Turning around to face him to relay a brief discription of the property , the annoyed look still fixed in place , Lys. quickly hid the flowers he had been playing with behind his back . Giving a look of excepting the dressing down , and an apologetic look, Lys. replied in a somewhat quieter voice .... " Thankyou Louisa , it looks a magnificent house ...shall we proceed ? " Walking along the drive , they reach the entrance , Lys lets Louisa knock the door , giving a few seconds for the knock to be heard , he faces her, hands her what was in his hands , saying......... " One each , one for the camel , and one for your great-grand father's wart hog ....." Looking down at what he had given her , Louisa could only stare open-mouthed first at the wreathes he had made and then at him ......no time to answer as the new home-owners answered the door , all she could do was hastily hide them behind her back.

" good day , please come in ! " Walking inside the home owner spent the next thirty minutes of so showing Lys. and Louisa around the property . Every so often Lys would catch Louisa's eye and with a smile bat his eye-lashes at her . At the end of the tour , Lys turned to Louisa and said .......... " Please excuse me a moment Miss Louisa ." Taking the home-owner to one side he whispered something in his ear ..... " Why thankyou Sir !... yes ..yes , certainly , by all means.." Leaving them both alone the Home-owner walked away . Standing there , not looking at one another but preoccupying them selves in their awkward silence , Lys browsed the wall painting . " excuse me Sir...." Beckoning Lys over...Addressing the call , he walked over to where the home -owner was and excepted the bundle offered ...Walking back to Louisa , he states... " You are now looking at the proud owner of this magnificent property ........." then looking closer at her stare, added.... " Please , will you except these as a token of my gratitude ? " Giving her a huge bouquet of freshly cut roses.
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:46 pm

After giving him the run down of the property that was infront of us, I turn back still fighting to keep the look of annoyance on my face, frowning slightly I get the feeling that he is up to something. The down trodden look, the quieter reply all set alarms off in her brain... "Just what is he up to this time?" she wondered.

Quote :
"Shall we proceed?"
Nodding she walked up to the front door and knocked, stepping back she looked curiously at him.
Quote :
" One each , one for the camel , and one for your great-grand father's wart hog ....."
she faintly heard him say as she took in the flower wreaths her handed to her. Mouth open she was about to say something when the door opened and the owners stood greetings us. Hiding them behind her back as she entered the home.

Following the owner and Lys, she took in the the lovely rooms that were unfolding, every so often catching Lys batting his eyes at her and smiling. She had to keep turning away least she burst out laughing again. The whole charade of being angry with him was wearing her down and she so wanted to end the teasing but thought it best to wait till they were once again outside. Her hands were absently playing with the wreaths he had presented her, sneaking another look at him a smile formed on her lips, the man was full of surprises. This was the final house and soon he would be making a decision on which to choose. To Louisa mind all three were exceptional but since she was only showing him what was on offer the final say was always going to be his.

Hearing him excuse himself and walk towards the home owner, she watched as he exchanged some words and as the owner hurried away, they were left alone, biting the inside of her cheek Louisa looked down contemplating the pattern on the floor. Now this was becoming awkward, lost in her own thoughts of how to get back to some kind of easy friendship that they enjoyed earlier in the day she didn't notice the home owners return. Conflicting thoughts whirled round, did she apologize for suddenly changing tact or tease him for making him believe he had insulted her, she didn't realise that her was standing right in front of her till he spoke
Quote :
" You are now looking at the proud owner of this magnificent property .........
Looking up shocked that he had choosen so quickly, staring into his eyes thinking that he was pulling her leg, she spied the owner wearing his own grin, looking back into his eyes she then heard.
Quote :
" Please , will you except these as a token of my gratitude ? "....
as he handed her the most beautiful bouquet of red roses she had ever seen. The scent emitting from them was heavenly and looking up into his eyes she found much to her horror her own eyes begin to tear up as she then burst into tears.

"You always have to have the last say" I sobbed..."I wasn't really angry with you...and look what you've done...made me cry and feel guilty all at the same time!" Wiping her tears with the back of her hand "These are the most flowers I have ever been given and ...and" she began to wail again.. "I 've been so mean to you!" Once started she found it hard to stop crying, much to her embrassment, she who very rarely cried was sooking like the prissy girls she so scorned that lived not far from her. Closing her eyes she wished just a that moment for the whole floor to open and swallow her.... "This is all your fault" she hic cup out....trying to glare at him but she couldnt see where he was thru her tears so the look kind of lost it fierceness....
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 am

The utter surprised look on Louisa's face as Lys. handed her the flowers bordered on disbelief .
For a very long ten seconds Lys. waited for her response as he held her gaze ,Feeling that an explosion of some kind was going to follow . It did................

Quote :
"You always have to have the last say"she sobbed..."I wasn't really angry with you...and look what you've done...made me cry and feel guilty all at the same time!" Wiping her tears with the back of her hand "These are the most flowers I have ever been given and ...and" she began to wail again.. "I 've been so mean to you!"

What could Lys. do under these cicumstances...... the only thing he knew....to comfort . Stepping forward , he place his arms around her shoulders and drew her close , letting her rant at him through her tears . Gently lifting one hand he began to stroke her hair ... " I apologize hunni , I thought I had upset you by implying you had a mental illness , crazy .. yeah , but not mental ." Neither realising the word of endearment he used , she followed with ..
Quote :
"This is all your fault"
Looking down at her as she tilted her head up to him , tears cascading down her face , Lys. brought his hands around to either side of her face , and very gently, with his thumbs , wiped the tears from her eyes .then it struck him . He hadn't done that since Nuala was a young child . Looking at the ex home-owner , Lys. nodded , adding through silent lips .. " And a cup of tea .." Then slowly placing an arm back around her shoulder Lys. guided her to sit on a sofa . The Gentleman returned with a tray ladened with a pot of tea , cups and a dish with a warm cloth and a towel over one arm . Placing them on a table in from of Lys. then left them alone . Taking the heated damp cloth , he gently bathed the tear drain face of Louisa , handing her a towel to dry herself. Pouring tea for each of them , Lys passed Louisa a cup of tea .

[b] " If it will make you feel better , we can go look at a castle , not buy it , just look , it is so much fun just looking , and I promise not to mention your camel ! "
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Standing there in the most elegant room, holding the most beautiful bouquet of roses she had ever seen, bawling her eyes out was not
the reaction Louisa had invisaged herself doing. Good grief, she so wished that very moment to be somewhere else when she felt his
arms come round her, his hand gentle on her hair which began the flow of tears once again. Still holding onto the roses she heard his
voice apologize but the term of endearment was lost as she tried to control the flow of tears

Looking up at him, trying desperately to halt the tears she had no control over, she felt his hands on her face his thumbs brushing the
wayward tears. Guiding her to a sofa he urged her to sit and patiently wiped her face. Louisa had never been so docile in her whole
life but then neither had she cried this much over nothing. Drying her face with the towel he offered her she pressed it against her face
hiding her features while she fought for some control. Drawing in a ragged breath of air she folded the towel and accepted the cup Lyskard
was offering her.

Finally getting herself under control she gave Lys a weak smile at his joke of being shown some Castles that were dotted around the
skirts of town. Shaking her head she replied "Ah I don't" finding her voice sounded a tad hoarse she cleared her throat and tried again
"That is not necessary I think you have picked a very beautiful home and those castles where just a whim of mine. There is one a fair
distance out that I fell in love with years ago but I dont at the moment feel the urge to go visit"
smiling a bit more "besides I don't think
my feet could possibly walk that far after todays little excursion"
Sipping her tea Louisa's gaze one again fell upon the roses that were
in front of her. Without realising she reached out and gently traced a delicate bud that hadn't quite opened...
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:40 am

Searching deep inside himself , Lys. wondered why he had brought this emotional response from her . He had only known her a short while , and yet , they had shared so much in that period . The merriment in the tavern on his arrival , her trust in going with a seemingly complete stranger home-hunting , even sharing such laughter and fun over the day . The seeminly anger from her , his pressing determination to bring a reconcilliation to their brief friendship....and now this , showing a very caring side towards her , his attentiveness to her unhappiness . He had spend many years just travelling from town to town ..only stopping short periods to earn money to sustain his life, and to save for when it was time to stop his roaming . ( that time had arrived .)

Sat beside her in silence , letting her collect herself , he watched Louisa as she dried her face in the towel . Passing a smile as she excepted the cup of tea , all he could do at that moment was return her smile . The light hearted way he tried to communicate with her brought an understandable response . He gave a controlled laugh as she answered him...............

Quote :
"That is not necessary I think you have picked a very beautiful home and those castles where just a whim of mine. There is one a fair distance out that I fell in love with years ago but I dont at the moment feel the urge to go visit".... smiling a bit more... "besides I don't think
my feet could possibly walk that far after todays little excursion"

He gave a controlled laugh as she answered him............... " Louisa.....Through your help I now have a beautiful home .......... but to add beauty to beauty , it is crying out for a lady's touch .........how would you like to be the lady that adds that touch ? Help me furnish the place ...we can go looking tomorrow for whatever you feel is required to turn this house into a home . " Adding with a quirky smile ... " That's if you can put up with the new village comic ." Even though he had tried hard to remedy upsetting her , his confidence on her answer being affirmitive did not hold a lot of water . But he dearly hoped she would forgive him and say yes ............
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:02 pm

She sat quitely sipping her tea all the while her mind was in a whirl as to why she had reacted the way she had. What started out as a
fun filled day full of laughter and teasing changed when she put on a front of being insulted and annoyed. Much to her chargin she found
that it had become harder to turn back to the banter once shared. It seems that she had learned her lesson and that she wasn't able
to switch between the two without losing the whole plot. Sighing she looked towards Lys, "The poor man" she thought..."having to putup with a laughing female one minute and a wailing sook the next." The caring way he treated her showed that he had many facets
to his character besides the comical side he had been displaying for most of the day.

The offer of looking at some castles was really sweet of him and a ploy to perk up her spirits. As much as she would have loved to go
she felt that she had taken up enough of his time already after all she was still a stranger to him someone he had only just met in all
places a tavern.

Thats why she was so surprised to hear him ask ......

Quote :
" Louisa.....Through your help I now have a beautiful home .......... but to add beauty to beauty , it is crying out for a lady's touch ........
.how would you like to be the lady that adds that touch ? Help me furnish the place ...we can go looking tomorrow for whatever you feel
is required to turn this house into a home . " Adding with a quirky smile ... " That's if you can put up with the new village comic ." ......

Louisa looked at him as if he had just grown another head. "You what ?" she searched his eyes to see if he was infact serious or just
pulling her leg but all she saw was sincere plea in his eyes. "Are you sure you want my help?...really sure" Looking back at him a spark
of mischief began to show in her eyes... "Ahhh I can just see the decor already !!!" and began to giggle... "Well the thing is can the new
village comic keep up with the village drunk?"
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 7:02 am

Without Louisa he felt he did not know the village well enough to troll to buy every thing for a home . Geez the only home he had known for a very long time was either on the saddle of a horse or a make-shift bed under the moon-lit skies. Certainly he had lived in a home , but he never equipped it , never maintained it , just lived there . So his plea was more for help than for company ...that was an added bonus ......

Quote :
"You what ?" ................... "Are you sure you want my help?...really sure ? "

" OMG ! now I've riled her !! " Was the first notion that came to his shocked mind. " Lys. how in the world you gonna get out of this ? " The exspected aftermath never came , well not the one he was unwelcomingly waiting for..... " listen , it's ok.....I will man.... " With a mouth agape, like a open cave , he was stopped before he finished his statement ,you could have knocked him over with a feather , By Louisa's complete change of tone, and facial expression. With her added remarks , showed Lys. he had a hellva lot to learn about the many facets of this lady he had taken a liking to ......

With a look of devilment and a wide smile , Louisa added as an afterthought....... "Ahhh I can just see the decor already !!!...." and began to giggle...... "Well the thing is can the new village comic keep up with the village drunk ? " A huge sigh left Lys's. chest by her remarks . The more he got to know her..... the more he warmed to her . They had an uncanny simularity in all facets of there make up , the humour , their moods, their likes and dislikes . It had been a very long time that anyone had got anywhere near sharing this private part of him . " Okay then Louisa, pehaps I can meet you in the ' Red Boar ' tomorrow , have a drink , and then go scare the hell out a few unsuspecting souls His outrageous mind started working overtime as he tried to picture their shopping exhibition the following day, all those poor folk who, by the time these two had finished with them , they would have wished they stayed at home in bed !! With a chuckle , he pick up his tea , winked at her and smiled........
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 5:28 pm

Louisa sitting sideways as to watch his expression better, watched in amusement at the look of utter amazement when she answered his request, the jaw dropping and backtracking of his spoken request all came together in one comical outcome. Laughing inwardly she realised this man had no idea on how to take her. Her many mood changes over the past few hours still had him unsure as to how he should treat her.

Schooling her face into a look of pity she reached over and with one finger gently placed on his chin, closed his gaping mouth... "Ahh you catch more flies that way Lys !! didn't your mother ever warn you of that?" Giving him a wicked smile she looked around the room they were presently sitting in, she knew the decor suited the room to a T and most probably find the owners wouldn't part with their collection of artwork and furniture. Looking back at a now waiting Lys she pretended to think for a while and then with a straight face remarked... "Well since you want my help in making this a home and not a house...I was thinking..." placing her cup down on the table in front of her she proceeded to stand and walk around the room. Making her way to the most beautiful sideboard she turned and with a twinkle of mischief in her eyes .."well I suppose we can find one of these...but the colour scheme is all wrong...you need to embrace the whole...living in the country theme....and as you mentioned you want a ladies touch...well I think the way to go is ....frills....yes frills...!!"

Not looking at him in anyway she continued to the windows..."Ah yes I can see beautiful billowing curtains in candy pink stripes with candy coloured tie backs, and the floor a carpet of pink...like cotton candy..." warming to her subject she continued on " the chairs, well no chunky sturdy ones in here...dainty pink cover velvet would look most attractive and a ...." well she couldn't go on trying hard not to laugh she took a sidelong glance at his face and kept the banter going... The man really didn't know how to take her so in her devilment she was going to push the boundaries with him to see how far she could go in pulling his leg.

"Ah I take it pink is not your favourit colour then?, pity I could have done a great deal with a dealer in the village who so adores the colour pink we tend to wonder if there is something wrong with him...but we all thought it was the fact he had moved from the big city and you know what kind of people come from there."

Leaning forward her hands on the back of a chair she grinned at the look on his face. "Well if the colour pink isn't your thing...how about red....or blush...or puce...you know the purple-brown colour...ooh that would suit...and yes to answer your question from before, I would love to meet you at the Boar for a drink before we head off into decorland" Taking no notice of the changing emotions on his face she continued walking around the room spouting off different colour combinations each one worse than the previous one.......
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 10:11 pm

"Well since you want my help in making this a home and not a house...I was thinking..." Listening to her set about her ideas for changing the rooms , Lys gave her his full attention . ... .."well I suppose we can find one of these...but the colour scheme is all wrong...you need to embrace the whole...living in the country theme....and as you mentioned you want a ladies touch...well I think the way to go is ....frills....yes frills...!!" A mouthful of tea cascaded across the room as poor Lys nearly choked on her comment . Taking not a blind bit of notice to his dilemma as he coughed and spluttered ...she continued..... ..."Ah yes I can see beautiful billowing curtains in candy pink stripes with candy coloured tie backs, and the floor a carpet of pink...like cotton candy..." warming to her subject she continued on...... " the chairs, well no chunky sturdy ones in here...dainty pink cover velvet would look most attractive and a ....... Eyes bulging like organ stops , he could do nothing but look at her .... he could not tell if she was serious , for she kept her back to him . A quick look in his direction , she continued........ "Ah ...I take it pink is not your favourite colour then?, pity, I could have done a great deal with a dealer in the village who so adores the colour pink , we tend to wonder if there is something wrong with him...but we all thought it was the fact he had moved from the big city, and you know what kind of people come from there ! "

Standing behind a chair, then placing both hands on it's back , a mischievious grin adorning her mouth, Lys then knew he had been had . Letting her spout on more about the outragious color schemes as she continued around the room , he chuckled to himself shaking his head , thinking.... Louisa ..louisa..you certainly know how, and when, to tip the scales in your favour !

...and yes to answer your question from before, I would love to meet you at the Boar for a drink before we head off into decorland" Placing the finished cup on the tray , he stood , walked over to her , place a hand on her arm........ " Okay...okay.. let's get outa here before you have me wishing I was sleeping back under the stars !!! "

Saying their goodbye's to the couple , assuring them that everything was ok now with louisa , they both headed out the door and down the path . the banter starting up again......
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Quote :

.."Oh dear....you be gentle.....you are going to be more like a raging bull in a china shop, just remember not to kill him before he has the chance to finish the rest of the house...otherwise you have to put up with my tastes....and you do know how much I adore the colour pink!"

Louisa's big smile returned telling Lys she had excepted him at his word. That he swore to himself he would not dishonour. He knew the values in life that were the important ones. And greed wasn't one of them .One of his plans was going to prove that beyond no shadow of doubt, a move that many would shake their heads in utter disbelief.
There was no way Lys could keep a straight face, not once she started laughing. Her laughter was so infectious, it brought all the crazy stunts he had pulled on her to the surface. She was one very lovable lady, and so much a lover of life. It's no wonder Lys enjoyed sharing his days with her. This meeting with Brucie promises to be a.........meeting of sorts. Lys' mind was already thinking up more ways of delving into his minds eye of leg-pulling stunts.

Oh Lou hunni... I have plans for you favourite colour pink...............trust me. " Now if she believed that !...she would believe anything ! Lys thought. He decided he will keep that little ditto until when they met Brucie....didn't want to spoil the fun did he ?

Quote :

"Ok...ready to cause havoc..."..........apple or orange?".... she asked holding the mentioned fruit..."I have yet to have breakfast but can eat these on our way"

That was his cue to set the ball in motion....oh wasn't today going to be, .......eventful ?.....Handing him a choice of fruit, he chose the orange. He needed the vitamin C. Especially with the day he has planned ! ...Taking Lou's hand they both exit her cottage and head to his home.
Arriving at his home , Lys unlocks the door and allows Louisa to enter first. Their first impression of the hall was one of complete satisfaction ...it was superb.!

Last edited by Lyskard on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:08 am

The look on his face spelt more mischief was in store...but for whom was yet to be revealed. Tucking into the apple as they walked hand in hand, the day seemed to take on a clearer and much brighter hue. Their laughter rang out as they teased and spoke of the rooms that were to be decorated within the week. Poor Bruce as yet didn't know the work that was going to be heading his way.

Once again Louisa's mind flew back to the last time they had seen his home...him giving her the wreaths he had made, her outburst of tears, the beautiful roses, then the colour scheme she had picked out for him when he asked for her help...the candy stripes, the pink colour. all the previous banter came back with a rush and a warm smile adorned her face. Walking up the driveway she once again took in his beautfiul house, eager to take a closer look now that the owners had left.

Waiting as Lys opened the door, she walked ahead of him and then stood stock still...the beauty of the main enterance was absolutely devine...definately no room here for the colour pink. In fact if the truth be told the colour scheme was such that there was no need to touch it. Turning around she grinned at Lys excitement building up inside her.

Right...where do we start first ?'"
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 12:10 am

Quote :
Right...where do we start first ?'"

A big smile crossed Lys' face as he answered her........" well .... I reckon we should search out the man of the moment... our Brucie.. don't you ? " Chuckling to himself they start their survey...looking for Brucie on their way. Finding the living area complete and the dining room as well as the kitchen complete had them both in awe. By the time they found Brucie, six rooms had been discovered , all decorated to their complete satisfaction..

" ah Brucie ....how are you today ? If that was to be a surprise for Lys... he was mistaken...Brucie was all smiles and cheerful.. " hello sir.. I presume you have seen the rooms completed ......you like ...yes ? "Here we go....thought Lys... my cue......with what he was thinking...... he had a hard job keeping the serious look on his face.. " Now that was something I wanted to talk to you about... the three rooms all the same size.....they should have been knocked into one and decorated and furnished in a vivid pink !... it's what my beloved wife wanted ....." Turning to face Louisa, as Brucie is coughing and spluttering .... " is that not right my dear ? was you not saying on the way here that you hoped Brucie had finished ...' your ' divine PINK room ? "

Just looking at Brucie, I watch as his mind tries to come to terms with what I had just relayed... the poor guy is working out just how huch time has been wasted ... and how much time would be needed to change the rooms !!...........looking at Louisa I can see she knows I am pulling his leg again.

The dejected resigned look on the poor man's face tells Lys it's time to bring his smile back.... " Brucie.... on second thoughts.....yes ..I'll tell you what...leave them as they are ........I know where you can use that Pink Paint........all the bedrooms ....except the master bedroom....that be okay dear ? " As he turns back to Louisa once more.
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:18 pm

Following behind Lys, she couldn't believe how much Bruce had accomplished in such a short time...maybe Lys will have his wish and the bottom half of his home will be completed in time for his meeting. Louisa took in the colour scheme and had a chuckle to herself...not a pink in sight...

Smiling warmly as they came across Bruce, she was about to make it very clear on how much his hard work was more than appreciated when Lys jumped in first. Shaking her head at the tall tale he had concocted, one eyebrow raised at the sight of poor Bruce's face was a sight to behold. Seeing Lys turn to look at her she sent a smile that spoke of how much she knew he was teasing...

Quote :
" Brucie.... on second thoughts.....yes ..I'll tell you what...leave them as they are ........I know where you can use that Pink Paint........all the bedrooms ....except the master bedroom....that be okay dear ? "

"Well" she thought..."Balls in my corner now"

As quick as a flash her whole attitude change. Moving closer she wrapped her arms around his waist, and smiling lovingly at him..."Pink?...in the other bedrooms?...Lys my love have you forgotten already?" she looked over at Bruce giving him a sly wink..."I thought we had agreed on pink in the master bedroom." Pouting up at him "Besides....you know how the colour pink, makes me all calm and settled...a ying/yang effect...and you dont't want me to be all out of sorts now do you?" A slow grin spread across her face "Now I'm sure my beloved doesn't want that hmmm?"...
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 am

Quote :
..."Pink?...in the other bedrooms?...Lys my love have you forgotten already?..........I thought we had agreed on pink in the master bedroom....Besides....you know how the colour pink, makes me all calm and settled...a ying/yang effect...and you dont't want me to be all out of sorts now do you?.....Now I'm sure my beloved doesn't want that hmmm?"...

He knew she was going to be on her guard...but dear Jah ! she was so sharp today ? with the wrapping of her arms about him, the pouts, coy smiles, she had turned the tables on him. Well there was time ....there was plenty of time to rectify that .Oppertunities.....that was all he needed...an oppertunity..

A resigned look covered his features as once more Lys gave the impression he had relented. " You heard her Brucie, my beloved wants the Master bedroom in pink....ALL PINK !..I don't want any other colour in the room !.....Even the glass panes are to be removed and replaced with a pink tinge......! " Now..thought Lys...... you want my love ? you shall have !
He can live with that......he had for the best part of 6 years lived with the colour green.... sleeping and travelling outdoors .

" Brucie you can decorate the room nearest the master bedroom Pink also for the twins.... they are going to love mom's taste in pink also.... don't you agree my love ? "

A coy smile smiled back at her waiting for her reaction. Lys enjoyed this banter they play on each other, It made life ever so interesting...never a dull moment that's for sure......Right thought Lys....now seems just the right time.....

" Oh hunni I have some thing for you.......I know you are going to fall in love with it! " Removing the sheet that covered it .....standing before Louisa is a shining new all kitted out, perambulator ........in pink !
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 pm

.She so loved teasing him...knowing that the resigned look he gave her was not the way he was feeling inside...nope not by a long shot...she was beginning to read him alot better. Unbeknown to him Louisa had already worked out how the master bedroom was going to look and the colour pink was no where to be seen. Bruce knew to play along with her had done so way back before Lys had first entered his shop but since he wanted downstairs finished first that surprise would be uncovered later.

She started to chuckle but that soon changed when she heard his next statement...twins? .... what twins and what mom ? Confusion showed in her face....but then his next move nearly had Louisa rushing for the whiskey bottle and downing quite abit without the luxury of a glass. A pink perambulator ? What in Jah's name did she want one of those for ?

Picking her jaw back off the floor, she quickly hid the look of surprise....well she should have expected it...considering all the leg pulling that has been done lately..so the only thing left was to reply....."Lyskard?... Is this your way of telling me that you have....have...twins? .....with someone else? and by mentioning the other room to be in pink, is it safe to assume they are girls...why you never mentioned this before ?" Looking at him with hurt looking eyes... "I'm hurt you didn't see fit to let me know of your babies...considering how I just love babies...they are soooo cute.!!!!"

"Bruce...oohh got great ideas for Lys babies...I will have to come down to the shop and speak more indepth" Louisa walked towards the said pink perambulator and looked back with a grin... "Lys...where is the other one...only room here for one baby...." Standing back up she grinned "You saving on space or something" and started to laugh....
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Quote :
"Lyskard?... Is this your way of telling me that you have....have...twins? .....with someone else? and by mentioning the other room to be in pink, is it safe to assume they are girls...why you never mentioned this before ?"

It was Lys turn to look surprised. She had been very fast before counter-acting his leg-pulls... but this retort was the last he had expected. How does he answer her on this one..?.....then a bemused look form as he replied.. " Me..?....Don't be silly.. do I look as though I have been pregnant ?....Brucie ....Do I ?....Good grief woman.. I've looked after my figure ...Twins....where in the world....." Lifting up his shirt....showing his flat muscular stomach.. ..would I put them ?.....I mean there just aint no room ... is there ?"

Pretty sure by now Brucie had got to know that that Louisa and him have a running battle of wits with all their jesting, Lys decides it is time to come clean with Brucie, just in case he did not....Brucie...you are performing an excellent job here, plus been a very good friend to us both....all the talk of Louisa and I being married...and her being pregnant is me jesting with her. What is true....... Louisa and I are courting.. with the expectation........... that soon I will ask her.... hopefully she will except me.... to become my wife.

Lys was not using the explanation to propose to her......no..that would come at a later date....he felt that a full confession of the uncertainty that Brucie may have, was time to bring to a close for the sake of Louisa's good name. Sure...it had been fun and laughter between them with the bantering... but... some can only go so far....is Lys ending his leg-pulls with Louisa...?...Watch this space and find out !

Turning to Louisa, taking her by the hand outside the room...Hunni..I have a slight change of plan for today....we are going house hunting again.....No, I am keeping this home....but there is one, that after careful thought, I have decided we can go to look at......one that I think you would like ..................A Castle."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lyskard's Manor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyskard's Manor   Lyskard's Manor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lyskard's Manor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next