Louis, Louisas & Friends Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louis, Louisas & Friends Place

A Role Play Village

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A new found home, Kazzia's cottage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazzia

Kazzia

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-08-28

A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Empty
PostSubject: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:30 am

A young dark haired woman walks quickly up the lane through town looking for the cottage her aunt had left her. A wistful smile crossed her face as she remembered the letters her aunt had sent, describing with love the cottage she had found and made a home. She had been on the first leg of her journey here, when a letter arrived at the inn she had been staying at announcing her aunts death, and the acquisition on her new home. She had left immediately for the town, knowing she was too late for the burial but at the same time having to try. Now she stood outside the cottage and willed herself to enter. Looking about she saw that her house needed a good deal of work to be habitable. With that she headed to the tavern needing a stiff drink.

A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Shinfield

Last edited by Kazzia on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:15 pm

The night before had drained her in more than one way. Her body was tired as was her mind, yet she needed a credible story, something they would believe yet she could remember. Perhaps something very happy and slightly innocent. That would work. She could make them happy that way. A duster in hand she worked her way through the rooms tidying and dusting as she went. Once everything was as cleaned as she hoped to get it, she hurried up the stairs and changed into a day dress hoping to find her brother or sister one to go to the market with her. She needed to stock the larder badly.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 am

After making a few inquires and being informed that his young sister had taken over the white cottage in the village , Lys. set his sights on finding Nuala's home . Being a smallish village he had very little trouble finding her cottage . Opening the neatly white painted picket gate , Lys walked down the path ., His appreciated glance taking in the well kept flower beds skirting either side of the path . Remembering long ago how the then little Nuala had loved flowers , would imitate the adults when they would busy them selves removing weeds and dead flower heads . It was of little wonder that this would be the ideal setting for her . Reaching the front door , Lys gave a knock , not too loud , he did not want to frighten her half to death with his usual heavy handed call . Just loud enough for her to hear . stepping back off the front step , he waited for Nuala to answer , Hoping that she was at home and not at the market shopping .
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:32 am

As she pulled on her cloak and tied the strings carefully under her chin her mind ran down a mental shopping list. She had decided to buy enough to make three of every meal so that Dana wasn't the only one responsible for cooking, it was a handcraft of hers, and she needed many more supplies than she had in her larder. She picked up her large basket and was about to open the door when a knock sounded startling her out of her thoughts. Her hand hesitated but for a moment before opening the door, nothing bad had followed her here, she'd been careful, still her hand shook as she lifted the latch. A familiar face came into view and she relaxed her hold on her basket. Lys! You came back! Please come in! Standing aside a bit she opened the door wider.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Hearing the Door latch lift , Lys waited foor the door to open , it did , just enough for Nuala's head to be seen . The moment has him thinking , why is his sisters so cautious ? there is nothing in this village to frighten her ? For now , it is a point of concern that he will store in the back of his mind for a later date . Now is not the time , this is a social call .

Quote :
" Lys ! .. You came back ! Please , come in . "

A big smile covers Lys' face as he steps into her cottage , turning he asks .. " Nuala , how are you ? did you sleep well ?....sorry ...I've just walked in , and I am already firing questions at you , forgive me . " It is a habit he had when he was a bit unsure what to really say , in reality , he had a million questions for her , but they can wait to a more oppertune time. Walking into her sitting room Lys takes in the decor , smiling appreciatingly . It certainly had the femine touch , that something that only a lady can add to a home . As he had entered , Lys noticed that she was holding a basket .. " Were you about to go shopping Sis ? I can help you if you wish , we can talk on the way "
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:10 pm

Oh! Yes, I looked through the larder and noticed I'd quite a bit of shopping to do. Smiling as he offered to come along she wondered if he'd read her mind this morning. Yes please, I'd love some company. Taking up her basket again she takes his arm and together they walk together down the path towards the lane to the market. So How have you been? As awkward as that sounded she couldn't think of another way to put the question. As they walked she often had to force her gaze back to the road. Her mind kept telling her that this couldn't be real, there was no way her was here. She kept checking back to be sure that he was indeed still here. As she looked up she stumbled slightly on a rock in the road sending her tumbling.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 pm

Awaiting her reply Lys looks intently at his Sister Nuala ,with a softening of the eyes and a brotherly smile , he takes in her features . Although a smile adorned her face there was a tightening around her eyes , and an awareness , almost a frightened look in her eyes , if you looked deep enough . Which to his trained eyes spelt that she had had a pretty rough few years
to cope with . That will all come out , the more they got to know each other again . As all these thoughts raced through his mind in that brief instance , Lys was detemined from now onwards he would always be there , no harm would ever befall her. their family will reunite again .
" Yes please, I'd love some company........ " Collecting up her basket , they both exit her cottage . Walking down the flower-bordered path , Lys quickly stepped forward and opened the Picket gate for her , smiling nervously she thanked him . Taking his offered arm they both strolled leisurely along the road ... " So , How have you been ? " A normal inquiry for a family member to ask , but , her counternance portrayed otherwise , another point Lys noticed , as she constantly dropped her gaze to the floor . " Sis , I have managed , I have had to..... " before he could finish his answer , his arm was being tugged as holding his eyes momentarily , she stumbled forward . Lys' free arm shot forward wrapping it around her upper arm to save what could have been a nasty fall His strong grip kept her upright as she fought to regain her footing , apologizing awkwardly for stumbling , tears forming in her eyes ...lys looked at her as she once more dropped her gaze to the floor . Softly he cupped her chin , her tears starting to flow .. Nuala , everything is going to be ok now , you never need to worry ever again , I am here for you , your family will never leave you again ..promise . The trusting smile amist her tears , brought a unwedgable lump to Lys' throat . A pain hitting deep inside him as he knew some day it would hurt a lot more when he could get his beloved sister to tell what really happened during the absence of Dana and himself .
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:11 am

As Lys caught her she felt a sense of relief the ground was strewn with rocks, and twigs, she didn't want to have a nasty cut at a time like this. Her eyes quickly found the ground and she cursed her inability to keep balance well. A hand tilted her chin up and his words brought a fresh round of tears down. Nuala , everything is going to be ok now , you never need to worry ever again , I am here for you , your family will never leave you again ..promise . Closing her eyes and trying to regain her composure her thoughts flitted around. Blinking away the tears she brought a hand to her eyes to wipe them away. I'm sorry, I tend to tear up easily. She said in her cheeriest voice. Its a silly habit I've not yet out grown. Forcing herself to look bright and happy she smiled up at him taking his arm again shaking her skirts out carefully. Settling the basket on her arm. She looks up at him, continue what you were saying please.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 8:51 am

The comforting words Lys gave her only brought more tears . He felt that deep inside her she carried a lot of pain , pain that at the moment she was reluctant to bring to the surface and reveal. The excuses Nuala gave... " I'm sorry, I tend to tear up easily.......Its a silly habit I've not yet out grown." ..did not convice him one bit , but he said nothing . When the time was right ,he would know ...

A uneasy smile replaced her tearful face as she turned her attention to him ... ... " continue what you were saying please. " Looking to her to reply , Nuala once more turned her attention to the ground . So to make as though he had not noticed this uneasy behaviour , Lys. started once more to answer her inquiry. [b] " As I was saying Sis ... I have managed , I have had to , it has not been easy not by a long way , I was forced to keep on the move , working whenever I could trying to get by, most times going hungary, until I learnt to fend for myself.....but enough about me , it is you I am more concerned about . How have you been ? " Before she could utter a reply , we had reached the marketplace . Conversation was put on hold .

The walk around the market soon kept us both busy as Nuala was lost in haggling prices on everything she wished to purchase , bringing smiles of amusement from him while he watched.With the purchase of his home Lys. also browsed the many wares that were on display but not purchasing anything as he had arranged with Louisa to take care of that when they both meet the following day.

All finished and her basket full, Lys. being the carrier , they headed back to Nuala's cottage . Along the way they chatted mainly about the village and the market place . Even about the few friends they had met . Lys. had decided not to question her again , and Nuala never offered...
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:03 am

Hurrying ahead down the stone path Kazzia opened the door as they arrived at the cottage once again, she hurried through to the kitchen and cleared a spot on the table. She really should learn to clean up behind herself it looked a mess. Oh Well. In here! She called her voice resounding on the walls of the spacious cottage. As Lys lifted the heavy basket and placed it on the table she quickly started putting things away. I'm going to cook tonight you and Dana are both invited. I shall go later to let her know. I'm making simple chicken and vegetables but you are must welcome to share my table. Dropping the chicken on the cutting board on the counter she let him set so she could remove his feathers later. Grinning she remembered the cookies she'd baked this morning and set in the larder to keep fresh. I have some cookies if you like some, I'm also making some tea. I'd be more than happy to set another cup. Unless of course you need to go.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 7:47 am

Letting go of his arm she had clung to the whole trip back to her cottage , Nuala , opened the picket gate then the front door to her cottage. Stepping inside leaving the entrance clear for Lys. to follow . Calling from the back of her quaint home where she was, he walked on through to her kitchen . Clearing a space for him to place her basket Lys. lifted it and placed it down, Helping empty it's contents , Nuala busied herself putting them away in their prospective homes.

Quote :
" I'm going to cook tonight , you and Dana are both invited. I shall go later to let her know. I'm making simple chicken and vegetables , you are must welcome to share my table. "

The invitation brought a pleasant feeling to him , the sharing of a meal with all three of them together once more . Letting his thoughts drift back to happier times, Lys remembered the gathering of all the family around the table at home . Their parents , Dana, himself and young Nuana . There was no formalies , just a very happy family enjoying a meal together , mostly with much laughter.
Then a cloud covered his reminising as his thoughts took on the aftermath.. but was thankfully forgotten as Nuana interupted him.....

Quote :
" I have some cookies if you like some, I'm also making some tea. I'd be more than happy to set another cup. Unless of course you need to go. "

The sudden lighting up to her features brought a warm smile to Lys.' face, thinking how young and pretty she looked when the pain of the world seem to be lifted from her petite shoulders . A course of action he so dearly hoped he could accomplish in the near future, No matter how long the process took. " Sis , there is nowhere I need to be that would stop me sharing a drink and some of those cookies with you . Besides , they smell so inviting ! " Looking up to her face the smile still adorning hers , as he takes a seat at her kitchen table.

Last edited by Lyskard on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2008 7:42 am

Great! It won't take long at all to heat the kettle, I've had the hearth fired all day. Filling the large pot with water she sets it over the fire to boil, while setting the table with cookies and scones and a few small cakes she'd made. Fresh cream and some sliced fruits from nearby Caiseal made a complete table. The kettle quickly boiled and Kaz set the tea to seeping. Do you like this little town so far? From what I've seen its quite nice. And the residents are all very kind from what I've seen. The market is definitely well stocked, I couldn't ask for anything more perfect. A slight frown covered her face as her mind slipped back to the memories she held of their father and it dawned on her how much Lys looked like him. Pouring out the tea she force the smile back to her face, determined to make the day pleasant. Would you like sugar or anything else while I'm thinking about it? Please help yourself to the deserts. I love to bake but can't eat everything I cook on my own. A slight flush covered her features, I tend to go a bit over board.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:24 am

Quote :
" Do you like this little town so far? From what I've seen its quite nice. And the residents are all very kind from what I've seen. The market is definitely well stocked, I couldn't ask for anything more perfect. "

This small talk Lys noticed, seemed to cover an uneasy disposition. Wanting to put her as ease , He answered as relaxed as he could portray to her ..." The village Sis , I fell in love it with it as soon as I arrived, it has the most reraxing atmosphere I have come across in all the places I have visited over the last six years. As for the townsfolk ...well what can I say ? ....As soon as I arrived I was made welcome ....unusual way, but ..to say the least , it was welcoming. I have met and become very friendly with Louisa...she has helped me find a home... and also .....in her own little way ....arranging to have it decorated and furnished...." Stopping for a moment as he starts to chuckle at the thoughts of Louisa and himself and the escapades that has happened since they became aquainted.

During the lull of his narrating of is life since arriving , his Sis sets about the task of making tea for them both. A pleasant smile adorning her features...

Quote :
"Would you like sugar, or anything else while I'm thinking about it?... Please help yourself to the deserts. I love to bake, but can't eat everything I cook on my own. "

" No sugar thankyou Sis, but the desserts ? now that I will except ... I have a weakness for cookies and the like.....Always did have .." Lys was feeling more relaxed the more he talked with his younger sister, because he could see by her counternance, she portrayed the same relaxing disposition.
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 10:34 am

Thats good for some reason once I start baking I have a really hard time stopping. I have baskets, plates, and everything I own almost fully of brownies, cookies, scones, and anything else I set my silly little mind to. But one thing I can be sure of. I will never have to worry about whether or not I can entertain company. Smiling she turned and pulled a pan of brownies out of the oven. A quick search revealed a long slender knife ready to cut the warm gooey chocolate. Serving two plates worth she turns and offers him a cuppa. I guess we really haven't talked much of our pasts you, Dana and I. I guess at some point we should. I'm curious as to what I missed in your lives. I must admit I dislike not knowing. She turned her face down a light color spreading across the pale white of her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:43 am

Days later it donned on Nuala that they hadn't really talked. Her mind made up she went out in search of her brother and sister, not finding them she left a note for them on the door of Dana's home. Perhaps they'd stop by soon and the three of them could talk. That done Nuala started working on the cottage, cleaning and dusting.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 7:47 pm

Today was a day that Lys felt good..even though he had to don a heaveir coat to meet the arrival of a late Autumn morning. His walk from Dana and Deuce's home, though not that far, was crisp, and held a cold feel to the journey. Maybe later in the day, the sun that held low in a ice blue clear sky, would give forth a warmness to the village environment by the time it reach it's position by mid-morning.

Arriving at Luana's cottage, Lys walked down the path. He liked the path that, in the spring and summer, burst forth with a multi-coloured array of flowers. This morning was different, there , as expected were no such display, that array was in a state of metamorphism. Lys, on approaching the door, gave a gentle knock...he wanted to alert her to the fact she had a visitor, not frighten her half to death.

This he hoped would be a day that he could bring a huge amount of joy to Luana's life. They had a lot of talking to get through but...today he wishes to avoid that discussion. His thoughts were more on making her happy than sad. Heaven knows, he believed, she had had enough sadness in her life, he did not want to add to it.
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 am

Hearing a knock on the door Nuala made her way quickly to the front of the house, pulling it wide she saw her brother standing there. For a moment she hesitated unsure whether or not to hug him, then throwing caution to the wind she hugged him anyways and opened the door wider to usher him in. Welcome to my home Lys. Its not much but its a roof and its warm. Please come through to the kitchen I was just pulling some muffins out of the oven. At that moment a waif of burning bread hit her nose and she ran to the kitchen to pull the muffins out before they singed. In here! You know the way!
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 12:30 am

Quote :
" In here! You know the way! ..."

" Hello sis, just one moment, I have some thing for you out on the cart...two minutes.." Walking back down the path, Lys lifts the heavy chest from the bed..slowly He struggles back along the path entering her cottage. Being carefull as he can, Lys places the chest in Nuala's living room. Just then she exits the kitchen and stands in wonderment as to why he had brought such a heavy box into her home. Looking up at his beloved sister, Lys could not hide the excitement from his face.... " Sis.. today I have come to change your life for ever...In this box my dear Nuala...." Lys lifts the lid to show her it's contents....
"...is all you will need to keep you in comfort...."

A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Images-1

The shock and disbelief on his beloved sister's face warmth Lys deep down...he knew though it could never repair the past, nothing could , but it would go a very long way to help clould it to the back of her memory.

" this is not all I have in store for you Nuala.....when you are ready, I wish to escort you to the other surprise I have.."

Last edited by Lyskard on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kazzia

Kazzia

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:49 pm

Ummm. her mind raced to find the words to speak the answer she wanted and her jaw dropped. Walking to his side she placed her hand on his arm, Lyskard, I thank you for your gift, but honestly, I don't need to live in comfort! I'm accustomed to making due with what I have. You have enough to do without worrying about me. Please lets go see what you've dreamed up I can't wait to see what you've come up with now. And when we get back you're going to help me decide where to hide this! What am I going to do with this? That would buy enough flour to bake for the rest of my life! And then some!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new found home, Kazzia's cottage   A new found home, Kazzia's cottage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new found home, Kazzia's cottage
Page 1 of 1