Louis, Louisas & Friends Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louis, Louisas & Friends Place

A Role Play Village

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Red Boar

Go down 
+5
Dragonqueen
louisa_hamilton
Lyskard
Molly Rose
Louis Folger
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonqueen
Dragonqueen

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-08-24

The Red Boar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:27 am

Stoping in at the local pub to have a few walk through the door and see Lyskard and Louisa. Stange she is not on her pillows as of yet but then it is still early. Walking up to them ordering a drink.

Looking at the three. Bro, Louisa and miss. What are you three up to now. Louisa i see you found my brother a house. Leaning close to louisa are there any pigmies or gremlins living in the house with him. You never know what will show up with him.

Reciving her drink she swigs it down quickly and orders another one.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:06 am

Well Lys you was right .. you got you expected retort ! Grinning all over his face , he turned to Louisa as with hands on hips she answered.........

Quote :
"At least I could run...what happened to you..did you aleast make it off the chair...good grief Lys...I imagine that Bruce and Jean-Luc are delivering that furniture to your place right now!"

Filling Louisa'a glass again Lys, was pleased with the way she caught on quick to his unspoken message. with a questioned look or a spoken word she asks Pk to join them. Turning her attention to Louisa, Pk decided after a moments hesitation....

Quote :
"I wouldnt mind going shopping with you guys it will give me a good distraction."

A smile that stretched from ear to ear showed how pleased Lys was that Pk was up for a day to remember. they knew that ....but she didn't. He knew that this was going to be another day of a battle of wits between him and Louisa ...well ..thinking to himself he muttered " ok ..play your best cards " Leaning close to PK , Lys whispers in her ear .. then without a word ,Pk stands and walks over to the door and opens it wide ....Surprised , Louisa looks at Pk... quietly standing , Lys Taps Louisa on the shoulder , jumping to her feet , Louisa turns .....Bending, Lys wraps his arms around her legs , lifts Louisa over his shoulder and runs out the open door .... " Gotcha Now !!! ...market it is ..? ........ok.....lets go!! " Walking down the path, Louisa over his shoulder, and Pk laughing , Lys wonders what will happen when he places her back on her feet . The discription Louisa gave of his birthplace was not the same his parents told him ............
Back to top Go down
pkboo
pkboo

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:19 am

Lys whispers something in my ear and I hop off my barstool and slightly staggers over to the door and opens it wide. When I look back and see that Lys has Louisa over his shoulder I start giggling. I follow Lys to the market with Louisa pounding his back the whole way.
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Louisa was pleased as punch that Pk decided to come along and venture into the shopping experience of a lifetime... Hearing another female voice she turned to find Lys sister Dq standing next to her... "Ah yes...and wasn't that an experience...one I'm not sure I want to put poor Lys through again...poor thing...couldn't handle the pace" winking at his sister... "Pygmees you say...well I know quite a few of said mentioned pygmees...not sure about gremlins though but I can handle Pygmees."

Accepting another glass from Lys, she watched as Lys leaned closer to Pk and whisper. Not being close enough to hear she didn't know what was being said. Finishing her drink, she watched as Pk paid the barkeep and walked a bit unsteady towards the door. "Well maybe Lys was asking if Pk was ok to venture out." she thought. Standing to her feet she smiled at Dq as her mind took off in the direction of the market and what was waiting for them all when they finally got there.....especially Lys...who if things go to plan is going to have a fit...

Hopping of her stool she went to follow Pk out the door when she felt a tap on her shoulder...looking round she see Lys begin to bend forward, wondering what in Jah's name he was doing........as sudden feeling of not having both feet on the ground Louisa found herself slung over his shoulder and striding out the door past a grinning Pk.

Quote :
"Gotcha Now!!!!...market it is...?.....ok....lets go!"

To find herself in such a predictament robbed Louisa of speech for all of time it took him to walk out the door. Face burning in embarressment as they strode down the road towards the market and the sniggers from passing village folk only fuelled Louisa's indignation.. pounding on his back nearly having a hissy fit she cursed him no end...even to where he was born.

"Lys...PUT ME DOWN !!!!..." raising her voice over the laughter only made him deaf to her pleas....."If you don't put me down this minute!!...are you listening to me....Lys please..." Lousia found begging wasn't getting her anywhere much to her chargin. "Oh for Jah's sake...I have two legs...Please ...PUT ME DOWN.... RIGHT NOW..." Her voice raised to nearly a squeak as she began to see the humour in her situation and started to laugh.... "Ok..I give up...I'll behave...." changing tact...but knew he wouldnt listen and put her down..."Besides...the view from this side is quite.....well intriguing..." and started to laugh as she checked out his backside.....

Last edited by louisa_hamilton on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rohnanandlousias.heavenforum.com/index.htm
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:51 am

She should have known...good grief the signs were there....the look in his eye ...the smile..all a dead give away. Louisa wasnt quite paying attention to the one thing she should have....him...truth be told she was having way too much fun, so it shouldn't have come as any surprise when he bent and lifting her up in his arms to start running thru the market onward towards the tavern.

Now the fact he was carrying her wasn't the problem and least she had a better view than the last time slung over his shoulder...oh no the thing that got to her was what he was yelling for all and sundry to hear...

Quote :
" Make way !! a newly married couple want's to start their honeymoon as soon as possible !!

Now that was what made her turn the most brilliant shade of red ever. "Dear Jah the man was going to make her go insane before too long!" Deciding to let him have his fun...she knew he had to put her down and then boy is he in for it.... Arriving at the tavern she slipped from his arms, marching up to the counter she demand a whiskey...a rather large one at that...nodding her thanks to to barkeep, she down it in one go...slamming the glass down she turned back and walked up to Lys toe to toe and looked up....

"You mister...have the gall of a ...a....ooohh Im so ...how could you do that...screaming that out to all and then we aren't even married...!!!!" Wishing she was a few more inches taller so that she could look him in the eyes a thought flew in... about standing on a chair and thinking that was asking for trouble... flew back out again.
"So what have you to say for yourself ? the explaination to those poor people that is going to be something to behold ...cos you're the one thats going to tell them.." Staring up she put a stern look on her face but new she was losing as the corners of her mouth begain to turn up....
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:56 am

Yelling for all he was worth, Lys could see people going in all directions to move out of the way of the raving lunatic running at them .Some ran behind stalls others ran out of the market , others still tripped over display boxes . At least , like the parting of the red sea , a path appeared through the bustling crowd . Holding on tight to Louisa in his arms Lys was out the market and down the path amist calls of .....well you can guess.... from all those left in his wake.

Reaching the Red Boar, Lys used Louisa's body to barge through the door before he dropped her . With laughter ready to tear him in two , Lys gently released her legs and set her feet on the floor. That was it .... unable to hold it in any longer, he held onto the bar laughing for all he was worth. Finally his laughter subsided as he looked at Louisa standing there , hands on hips ... that posture nearly set him off again ..

Quote :
"You mister...have the gall of a ...a....ooohh Im so ...how could you do that...screaming that out to all and then we aren't even married...!!!!"............. "So what have you to say for yourself ? the explaination to those poor people that is going to be something to behold ...cos you're the one thats going to tell them.."

" Tell them .....tell them hunni.....I did ! ..In fact they were so happy for you , did you not see their faces ? the beaming smiles ....I'm sure this time tomorrow you will be inundated with wedding presents , don't that make you happy ?... by the way my dear....are you wanting them at OUR home ? ................. looking over his shoulder at the bar-keep listening to him Lys asks... You have a double room available for my wife and I ? ....our house is not ready yet for us to move in.....we want it decorated ...........especially the nursery,. Befor he stated the last part of his statement, Lys turned and looked Louisa straight in the eye....smiling.
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Words escaped her...he just didn't know when to stop...any other female would have run a mile by now...but Louisa being who she was...wasn't budging an inch...besides this was so much fun....though the thought of her reputation should have made her think twice she was quite sure those that knew her in the village would be laughing as much as she to think her Louisa Hamilton married.....the whole world would know when that day eventually arrived, no running off and eloping...it would have the whole box and dice....

Coming back to the here and now she once again marvelled at the cheek of him dragging her into more trouble...as if she needed any help in that direction.....what she heard next nearly made her burst out laughing..... "Dear me...wedding presents...Lys we haven't had a reception or invited anyone to our wedding..what makes you think they would send presents?"

Quote :
You have a double room available for my wife and I ? ....our house is not ready yet for us to move in.....we want it decorated ...........especially the nursery,.

Louisa's jaw dropped at that last statement...."How far is he going to take this?" she thought to herself...."Had she finally met her match in the leg pulling stakes?, was she ready to throw the towel in? hold her hands up and admit defeat?" these questions ran riot around inside her head...by the time she got to the last question...well the answer to them all was a resounding "heck no!" For once she was going to run with it...

"A double room...here...in this tavern...?" she finally got out. Looking straight into his eyes she hoped with a look that didn't show how much she was enjoying all this. "Lyskard !, here...you want to start our first night as married couple here...in this tavern.." turning she winked at the barkeep to show no hard feelings about the establishment they were standing in. "How can you be so...so.....cheap!" she wailed. "I always invisage my wedding night somewhere more exotic like...like...Paris and you want to start it here! ....ooohh what sort of a man have I married...?" Her face a picture of misery as she looked up "and you talk of a nursery...what for...you think a night of wedded bliss will lead to a future occupant of that said room? you are sadly mistaken M'lord the only thing it will lead to is you sleeping in there on your own!."

Louisa took herself slowly off and sat in a heap on the floor a picture of abject misery...ohh a site to be seen the poor girl...who in all reality was literally killing herself with laughter on the inside......

Last edited by louisa_hamilton on Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing a few typos)
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:14 am

Quote :
"A double room...here...in this tavern...?".............. "Lyskard !, here...you want to start our first night as married couple here...in this tavern..".......... "How can you be so...so.....cheap!" she wailed. "I always invisage my wedding night somewhere more exotic like...like...Paris and you want to start it here! ....ooohh what sort of a man have I married...?" ....... "and you talk of a nursery...what for...you think a night of wedded bliss will lead to a future occupant of that said room? you are sadly mistaken M'lord the only thing it will lead to is you sleeping in there on your own! "

Lys just looked at her expressionless.....the thoughts in his mind though, they were going ten to dozen... thinking ... " right let's get these in order of preference "....." hey she is giving it the works here Lys ... gotcha answers ?" Oh have no fear ... he had them.....Then she played her her ace card..

Quote :
"and you talk of a nursery...what for...you think a night of wedded bliss will lead to a future occupant of that said room? you are sadly mistaken M'lord the only thing it will lead to is you sleeping in there on your own!."

To add to her arguement , Louisa gave the poor dejected look and ambled over to sit in her corner ..Looking at her expression , then looking at the bar-keep, who raised his hands up giving the .." don't ask me look."... Lys walks over and squats on his haunches....." My dear beloved wife...we started our very first contact in this establishment ...it is where our, love -at- first- sight started .....Right bar-keep ?" looking at him for conformation .... who nodded in agreement....continuing his defense ......" Don't you think my precious, that to spend our first night together here, would be ever so romantic ?...Paris ..Rome...anywhere your heart desires can follow immediately ....plus here you have whiskey at your fingertips ...."

Looking at her, Lys lifted her chin up...." smile hunni....you're on Candid Camera........."
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:10 am

Sitting in her favourite place ....on a cushion on the floor...looking for all intents and purposes the most dejected "bride" on the face of the village. She chanced a quick peek at him all the while forcing herself to not show any emotion except that of utter dejection.

Quote :
My dear beloved wife...we started our very first contact in this establishment ...it is where our, love -at- first- sight started .....Right bar-keep ?"

Louisa kept her eyes down not once looking up for fear of giving herself away....."love-at-first-sight....more like thumped at first sight" she thought to herself as Lys hunched down to her level. The concern she heard in his voice sounded so convincing she wondered how he did it

Quote :
......" Don't you think my precious, that to spend our first night together here, would be ever so romantic ?...Paris ..Rome...anywhere your heart desires can follow immediately ....plus here you have whiskey at your fingertips ...."

Hearing him speak her eyebrows raised in disbelief...if she didn't know better she'd have been drawn into the soothing words and lulled into a false sense of utter bliss, but this was Louisa he was talking too and she was listening to Lys. They were both on the same page...to get the most laughs and rile the living daylights out of each other.

Feeling his finger under her chin she looked up. But the words that clinched the whole lot .....

Quote :
" smile hunni....you're on Candid Camera........."

With those words the flood gates broke and she started to laugh, grabbing the other pillow she swung and clouted him "Och you daft man...! where do you get you wicked sense of humour from" giggling once more she signaled for a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.....
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:08 am

Breaking out in laughter by his last comment, Louisa answers his.... first to last in her own way .......Grabbing the corner of a spare cushion, she gives it to him ...at close quarters .... poor Lys is only balancing on the balls of his feet, and from that distance, he had no time to avoid the contact with the offered cushion.. Lys's butt and the floor quickly became acquainted . Not the prefered way to recieve a cushion , smack in the kisser........but it is Louisa's prefered way of offering one !! Even though it caught Lys off guard , it had him laughing hysterically. What else could the poor man do ?

Looking at Louisa, after collecting the thrown cushion, then sitting on it Lys asks.... " Only one bottle ... you on the wagon ? or you hiding the other two behind your back ?" If there was one thing Lys loved to do, it was to tease her. Over the passed 6 weeks that they had became aquainted, they had built up a repetoire of teasing one another. It had even got to the point that at some time in the near future either one, or both , would need to inform one and all that it was a crazy game they played . Whether every one would listen to their explanations is another matter entirely. Lys had been so convincing the first time round, what makes them so sure they can rectify their statements and tell the truth ?

Downing another whiskey...then calling for another bottle , he turns his attention to Louisa.....
" Relate what we have so far in the furniture stakes so far Lou...On second thoughts .....how do you fancy taking a walk up to the house tomorrow morning ? then we can take an inventory of all the rooms I have there ? ..........who knows ....there might be a spare room we can turn into a pink room................just in case you wish to visit." A cheeky smile looked back at her as he added.......... " My very quiet, reserved personality might have a magnetic pull that will attract you .... "

Watching her face closely, Lys then states to her..... " From there....we can go visit all those friendly people ......the one's that loved us Soooo much ....and browse their wares..." With a quirky smile he adds......" Besides......I have an annoucement to make......"
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 10:12 pm

Grinning from ear to ear.....she watched in amusement as his backside hit the floor... "Hey..I only drink one bottle at a time...and the others I have stashed away as for just in case moments" she laughed as he settled himself on the cushion she just thumped him with.

Sitting crossed legged and nursing her drink, she watched him with great interest. Outside of her family, she hadn't met anyone that made her laugh so much...poor thing bet he wonders what hit him he first walked into the tavern many weeks ago.

Quote :
" Relate what we have so far in the furniture stakes so far Lou...On second thoughts .....how do you fancy taking a walk up to the house tomorrow morning ? then we can take an inventory of all the rooms I have there ? ..........who knows ....there might be a spare room we can turn into a pink room................just in case you wish to visit."

You'd think after all the threats of pink rooms, candy striped curtains and black and white carpet, he'd at least have some reservations of wanting to have her choose furniture for him, grinning she took another mouthful of whiskey before answering him.

"Not sure on the furniture....only showed a small sample....will need to see what rooms you have and their sizes ..." a sudden twinkle of mischief flared up in her eyes when he mentioned a room that she could use if she came to visiit "Oh...just a spare room...for just in case I visit...well thats nice...just a moment ago you were asking for a double room for our wedding night and now you are telling me I can visit sometimes if there is a spare room, well really the fickleness of men these days.!"
Feigning mock indignation she rambled on "Ohh the indignity of it all" as she placed her hand on her forehead...just like she had seem some women do in her younger days and thought how stupid they looked. Taking a peek to see how it was going over ...she continued... "You gave me this beautiful ring too" holding her hand out "Ohh this was all a ploy..a ploy I tell you...to get me to....to...oohh how can I utter the words" still plying the distressed damsel she wondered where all this came from...this playing the fool..."you used me to ....to....decorate your home !!" she wailed.....and then being pleased with her preformance begin to giggle not caring how or what she sounded like...

Hearing his words ...

Quote :
" My very quiet, reserved personality might have a magnetic pull that will attract you .... "
and
Quote :
" From there....we can go visit all those friendly people ......the one's that loved us Soooo much ....and browse their wares..." With a quirky smile he adds......" Besides......I have an annoucement to make......"

"You quiet...yeah that will be the day !!" she answered him in between gasping for breath....but the one that caught her attention... "An announcement ?, Lys what are you up to this time...the last annoucement you declared...has the whole village thinking we are married !"

She waited .... and waited...knowing somehow that he wasn't going to let her in on exactly what that announcement was going to be....
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:49 am

A figure, hooded and cloaked in black, slipped through the crowded market square. The cobbled street picked at the bottoms of a pair of travel-worn boots. They had seen many roads such as this, padding through much of the same grime, soil, and dried crusts of bread. Not many noticed them, as the softened leather made little noise, and the figure was, nonetheless, accustomed to stealth.

If one paid close attention, one might see the smooth pert tip of a pale nose peering out from beneath the hood or the intricately carved head of a sheath hovering inches above the street. Despite the figure's diminutive stature, one might classify the visitor as another young man out to seek his fortune in that rather unsavory field, whose edict was to relieve as many good standing men of their overweighted coin purses as possible.

The figure turned onto a narrow street. Unseen eyes scanned the walk, landing on a wooden sign that swung gently in the light breeze. The boots took up a relieved gait as the figure approached the boisterous tavern. A slender hand, gloved in black, lightly pushed the wooden door open and slid into the shadows. The nose wrinkled beneath the smokey, sweet, and fermented atmosphere of old pipe tobacco and aged mead.

Approaching the bar, the figure sat, removing its hood to reveal smooth pale skin and a length of tightly braided brown hair. "I'll have a mug of ale, if you've got it, and what supper you might find to offer a weary traveller."
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 6:44 am

Quote :
"An announcement ?, Lys what are you up to this time...the last annoucement you declared...has the whole village thinking we are married !"

Wickedly, Lys just grinned at her.. " Up to.. me ?....how could you ever devise that I, I of all people, could possibly be up to something ? " Louisa seem to be getting to know him ..pretty good...boy aint he gonna have to sharpen his wits a lot more ......she was smarter than she looks ......huge personality....and smart too ...what a combination. With his mind's eye going through his book of great leg pulls, Lys is distracted by the appearance of a hooded figure entering through the door of the tavern . Giving the figure his close scrutiny, he is surprised to see a rather petite lady under the hood.Mind the shoes she wore had obviously seen better days. Taking a seat close to the bar, the lady orders a ale and a meal. Rising quietly to his feet, Lys whispers to Louisa ... " One moment hunni..."

Walking to the bar...Placing a few coins in front of the bar-keep.... " I'll cover that , give the lady the finest meal you have kind sir..." Picking up the glass of ale she had ordered, Lys offers.... " Excuse my intrusion....but it is customary in this establishment to greet all strangers..." turning around to look at Louisa.. he adds... " mind... some have their own unique way of greetings "......." Please... come join us ... we would like to make you feel welcome." Leaving the lady to decide if she wished to take up his offer, Lys walked back over to sit with Louisa.

" right...where was I ..? ah..yes....your exceptance to tell all and sundry, that you was pulling their leg..... now a tip.. you are going to have to be at you best you know...if you are to convince them all. " the dead-pan look won't work this time Lys.....so he tries the other look....the resigned look....hoping it works. But he had his doubts..... she didn't have that ....' I believe you look ' in place ....[b] " Oh ...another point I forgot to mention .... I have to pick up a rocking chair for my aged mother......and I said I will be bringing her along.... do you think you can carry the roll off ...? "
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:55 pm

"
Quote :
Up to.. me ?....how could you ever devise that I, I of all people, could possibly be up to something ? "

"Up to something...dear Jah...you give that little smile...and certain look...and then you expect me not to know what you are up to?, give me some credit Lys....I haven't spent the last month or more with you and not picked up on some of your traits" she grinned. Just then the tavern door opened and a cloaked figure entered and made their way to the bar. Lys seeing attention had been taken elsewhere turned to investigate. Excusing himself she watched as he headed towards the stranger and offer to pay for their meal...and and offer to come and join us for some lighted hearted conversation.

Louisa liked the fact that people were coming to their village to settle down...and new faces always brought a refreshing breath of air....and new stories to relate. Grinning as Lys returned and settled back on his cushion...Louisa listened to his next comment as she poured another glass of whiskey for the both of them....

Quote :
" right...where was I ..? ah..yes....your exceptance to tell all and sundry, that you was pulling their leg..... now a tip.. you are going to have to be at you best you know...if you are to convince them all. "

She sat ... glass halfway to her lips and started at the most woeful looking face she had yet todate seen him pull. "Oh really...I have to go out and try and get them to believe that it was all a joke" her eyes never leaving his as she leaned a bit closer " Well...what if I don't want to refute the whole story....what if I had decided to allow the whole thing to stand...your performance at the market was very convincing...how am I to try and reverse that?" she shrugged..."No way now anyone would believe a word I say" she finished smiling, which was wiped from her face at the next thing she heard him say ...

Quote :
" Oh ...another point I forgot to mention .... I have to pick up a rocking chair for my aged mother......and I said I will be bringing her along.... do you think you can carry the roll off ...? "

Sitting up straighter she went into full Louisa Hamilton mode....the one she learnt at her grandmothers knee....the one that came in handy quite a few times in the taverns when someone over stepped the mark. "Mother ? !!" her eyes narrowed as they honed into her victim "You are liking your recently wed wife to your Mother?" the haughty voice replaced the normally friendly easy go lucky one that Louisa was reknowned for. "Seems to me M'lord you have a rather weird fixation about your mother if you want me to play her !!! I don't think that I will have any problems now convincing the villagers ....not when they hear how you referred to me like that...I'll have all their sympathy in bucket loads.....so much so...when they see me chasing you round the market square with a rolling pin!!!"

As soon as she uttered the words a vision of her chasing him came to mind and with that set Louisa off on into gales of laughter...ruining the whole Lady of the Manor act.....
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:53 am

The barkeep turned away, grabbing a wooden mug from a steadilly emptying shelf. Grace sunk into the relative comfort of the wooden stool. She may have hidden it well on the outside, but every inch of her body felt as if it had been trampled over by a herd of roaming cattle. So went the disenchanted life of the homeless, always roaming, and always struggling to survive. Grace had come upon this tiny village by chance in her attempts to outwit a band of traders. Really, what had the men needed with a few loaves of bread, though she would admit that the full coin purse could have stayed put where the imbecil had carelessly left it. The purse, however, remained tucked away in her pack, rolled snuggly within a length of fine oriental silk-also a careless lift. But it would fetch a fine price on any market. The familiar chink of coins against wood caught her attention, and Grace peered to her side as a man took hold of her mug. She hadn't noticed the barkeep set it down...Lord, she was getting sloppy!

Quote :
" I'll cover that , give the lady the finest meal you have kind sir..."

She raised a curious eyebrow in the man's direction. In all the towns and cities she had visited, she had never been greeted with such kindness..of course, in some towns and cities her very name had been burned into the hapless skulls of barkeeps intent on keeping their candlesticks...

Quote :
" Excuse my intrusion....but it is customary in this establishment to greet all strangers..."

Grace could barely contain a dirisive giggle. What irony! This village must not get its fair share of the dregs of society, or they'd be more wary of unknown folk. Her eyes flitted over the man's form, taking in squared shoulders and a mop of unrully hair that screamed of a heavy ingestion of strong drink. Instantly she wondered where-abouts he kept his coin purse, then remembered that this man had paid for her meal. Besides...there was a mighty fine stallion tethered outside with a joke of a knot. She'd eat, drink, rest up a bit, and be off.

Quote :
" mind... some have their own unique way of greetings "......." Please... come join us ... we would like to make you feel welcome."

Grace swore to herself. She had not come to socialize, but the people here did seem friendly...she wondered what that unique way of greeting was...

"I'll join you." she said, plastering on a smile, "And thank you...that was really unneccessary..." She stood and followed him to his table.
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Quote :
"Oh really...I have to go out and try and get them to believe that it was all a joke"
.....her eyes never leaving his as she leaned a bit closer..
Quote :
" Well...what if I don't want to refute the whole story....what if I had decided to allow the whole thing to stand...your performance at the market was very convincing...how am I to try and reverse that?"

" perfect !! you don't refute it ? can only mean one thing "..... Throwing his arms around her , Lys gives her a big kiss.. " that means hunni, we are definately married !!.......Oh I knew it !!....I just knew your memory would come back !! Placing both hands on her shoulders, Lys gives his warmest smile. And with The lady sat at the table...what could she say ? Turning to the lady ,Lys offers his hand, " Hello, I'm Lyskard..Lys to my friends...welcome to our humble village , this is Louisa... my newly wedded wife . She was suffering a bit of amnesia.....I think she was a little overwrought with the suddeness of the occassion.....Louisa, say hello to this nice lady here. " "NOW !!"...thought Lys ," talk your way out of this one ! "

He knew from the many battle of wits, and the leg-pulls they had performed on each over the passed 6 weeks, that they were pretty evenly matched . but this time, Lys wanted to see just how she was going to talk her way out of this little hole he had place her in. He expected her to have an answer..... but would it be good enough to sweet-talk the new-comer into believing her ? Lys doubted it ..........he doubted it very much ..... But.... this is Louisa ....

Not wanting to hog the conversation , plus it gave Louisa less chance of getting a say in...Lys asks the Lady...with his friendliest smile..." If you don't find me too impertinent, may I inquire from where you hail ?....;. I am relatively new here myself....arrived approximately six weeks ago." Retrieving his whiskey, Lys takes a sip as he awaits the young lady's reply.

Studying her counternance over the rim of his glass, Lys summarized she was not a lady of means. the very worn shoes that had caught his eye earlier had answered that ! and for a lady to be dessed in the clothing she wore suggested someone on a constant more. They were thick, heavy material , Someone not used to retiring of an evening in a cosy cottage. On his many travels , He had seen countless numbers of such people, they lived by their wits , not by their means . well if she was a lady from that category... he hoped she never had intentions of lifting his purse. Lys had learnt a long time ago, you only carried a small amount of cash about your person, and never in a purse, always loose in a close to the body pocket .....the less you had ... the less you were unburdened of.
Back to top Go down
Deuce Wylde

Deuce Wylde

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:19 pm

Walking in, I wearily limp to the bar, and take a seat at the far end where the light is a little dimmer. Keeping my hood up to hide the embarrassing scars, I patiently wait for the barkeep to take my order. After a few minutes, I place my order for a shot, and ale, and a bowl of soup. After a few minutes, the barkeep brings me my shot and mug. I set a half dozen half-silver pieces on the bar, and ask the barkeep to keep the ales coming.

While waiting for my soup, I look around the bar from under my hood. Seeing few people in the tavern, it reminds me of a long time ago in another place. Thinking about my previous home, and one of the taverns I used to frequent with my wife. It pains me slightly at all the time lost. War, injuries, recovery, spending the last few years traveling trying to find my friends and family. I come out of my thoughts as the barkeep returns with my order..

After a while, I finish my soup. The barkeep comes to take my bowl.
Excuse me, sir. Where might I find a place to sleep?

Last edited by Deuce Wylde on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Sitting on the cushion, drink in hand, she watched in amazement at how he took her words. It seemed like whatever she threw at him it came right back twisted to suit his needs but nonetheless straight back. Looking back over the past weeks it didn't matter what she did or said nothing seemed to rattle him....except for when she burst into tears...that even surprised her...not an experience she was going to repeat anytime soon.

Quote :
" perfect !! you don't refute it ? can only mean one thing "..... Throwing his arms around her , Lys gives her a big kiss.. " that means hunni, we are definately married !!.......Oh I knew it !!....I just knew your memory would come back !!

"Oh dear Jah, whatever was she to do this time?..." she watched as Lys welcomed the young woman that had decided to come over and hearing him introduce the both of them she tried to have her say ...but no...he just kept on talking...somehow she got the feeling he didnt want her to say anything. Sighing Louisa just waited...if nothing else she had learned lately on how to bide her time...and with a smile her time had arrive with the pause in his conversation to take a sip of whiskey.

"Hello" she smiled warmly..."As you've just heard my name is Louisa and yes apparently I now find myself married, got the ring..." holds her hand up "just cant remember anything else..now if you ask me...I think something is highly out of order here" she looks back at Lys then back to the young woman "you tell me what women forgets her wedding day..or the gown she wore or even the reception..somehow I think he is having a joke on me! has the whole town convience we are married...Jah only knows what he'd do if my family ever got wind of this"

She sat back and smiled sure that the young woman thought the pair of them complete nuts ....
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:42 pm

At first he did not recognise the man that had enter the tavern, but something deep at the back of Lys's mind niggled him. What was it ? it was not his voice, or was it ? Hell he would find out . If there was one thing annoyed him was a face he could not put a name to . And Lys prided himself on him memory.Half listening to the lady sat with them, and half to Louisa , Lys was also looking at the man.

Quote :
" Excuse me, sir. Where might I find a place to sleep? "

" OMG !!.." Standing to his feet, Lys walked over to the man.. He knew instantly who it was ! after that meal he had just partook in, it had eased the gruffness in his voice. Sending out a more natural tone ...the tone that Lys recognised instantly. " Bar-keep, forget this gentleman's request.... I have the perfect place for him to stay tonight ......and maybe a lot more nights ..... Deuce...it's Lys...Lyskard....Welcome home.." For nigh on six years he had been gone.....Presumed killed in action..one more part of the amazing puzzle of life joyfully falling into place. Deuce home ....dear Jah his beloved sister Dana is going to have her heart repaired tonight......

A thought struck Lys as he waited for Deuce to look up to him.... This village .. this amazing village .......it's a rendezvous for lost souls ! he had come here and found a new purpose in life ....Nuala had come here with her own grief and found him....Dana came here to start afresh , not knowing why here . and found them both....now Deuce... all drawn to this one place on earth with no pre-arrangement or purpose. As Deuce looked up to him...recognition written on his battle-worn features.. Lys whispered....[color=blue] " Deuce.......Dana is here ! " Without turn to look at the Bar-keep.. " Give this man a whiskey...he needs it ......he damm well deserves it ! " One of many who forsook their loved ones to fight for their country.

Before Deuce gave his reaction.. Lys walked over to the ladies and whispered... "Louisa...M'lady....please forgive me.....I have to leave, I will be back as soon as possible ."
Back to top Go down
louisa_hamilton
Admin
Admin
louisa_hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:31 am

With a curious look Louisa watched as once again Lys got up and headed towards the stranger that stood by the bar. Not being close enough to hear their conversation, she waited to see what was going to happen.

Hearing him shout and then the excitment on his face she managed to hear his sister Dana's name mentioned... looking from Lys to the stranger she wondered what this newcomer had to do with Dana.

Seeing Lys walking back...Louisa waited to hear who this new person was... but his whispered words .....

Code:
"Louisa...M'lady....please forgive me.....I have to leave, I will be back as soon as possible ."

she knew that she was going to be none the wiser. Looking towards her female companion and then back at the men at the bar she decided that home was the best place to be at the moment and considering the time she preferred to get there before it got too dark and the more unsavoury types began to lurk about.

Getting to her feet she smiled at the young lass "Hope to meet you again, please next time just come on over and join in".... looking towards Lys she tried to get his attention but failing as he was too ingrossed in the stranger. She waved to the bar-keep and headed towards the tavern door and on reaching the said door pulled it open and disappeared from view....
Back to top Go down
Deuce Wylde

Deuce Wylde

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Sitting at the bar, lost in my thoughts about my horrible past, I'm staring off into space when I hear my name.

Quote :
" ..... Deuce...it's Lys...Lyskard....Welcome home.."

Coming back to the present, I blink a few times, trying to clear my eyes. Keeping my head slightly lowered, I look at the man who just spoke to me. My mind takes a few moments before the information finally sinks in. Slowly, a smile creeps across my face.

Lyskard? I can hardly believe my eyes, then the rest of what he said takes hold in my mind.

Quote :
"Deuce.......Dana is here !"

Dana? I croak, her name barely coming around the lump that instantly developed in my throat at the mere mention of her. Swallowing back the lump, I regain some of my previous composure. Hope sparks within me at once again seeing my beloved.

Where is she? Can you take me to her? Wondering if this is a wise course of action, thinking she might believe that I was killed during the fighting. Confusion begins to take over.

The barkeep brings a whiskey and sets it down on the counter in front of me. Without hesitation, I drink it down, then set the shot glass down. Confusion fading as the whiskey and the ale loosen my tension, I stand up, and wait for Lyskard.

Last edited by Deuce Wylde on Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:06 pm

The couple's seemingly lighthearted banter intrigued Grace. Matters of human socialization were foreign to her. She hadn't the time nor the station in life to build relationships. No one looked at her as anything other than a scruffy troublemaker. She stole from the righteous and the vile alike, always getting kicked and handed to the dogs. Though, if she could remember her mother and father, she would have guessed that her father might've looked at her mother in the same manner that Lyskard looked at his new bride.

She introduced herself as a barmaid brought her a plate heaping with more food than she could eat in a fortnight. Since she had hardly eaten more than a few dry pieces of bread in a fortnight, she cleaned the plate with relative gusto.

Quote :
" If you don't find me too impertinent, may I inquire from where you hail ?....;. I am relatively new here myself....arrived approximately six weeks ago."

Grace paused, wiping her mouth on a clean cloth. "I don't quite remember. Broke out of a workhouse a'soon as I could reach the window." She brought the mug of ale to her lips and took a long, appreciative sip. "Mum and Da died in a fire...or so they told me. The only token I've got of 'em is this here sword." She pointed to the large hilt at her waist where the dim lantern light flickered over the silver head of a dragon. "Sold me soul to get that back, I did...They'd have beat me if they'd caught me." She wondered, briefly, if she was telling them too much...she was never so open about her life. She blamed it on the ale as she took another long drag, finishing the sweet liquid off in only a few gulps.

Quote :
"Hello" she smiled warmly..."As you've just heard my name is Louisa and yes apparently I now find myself married, got the ring..." holds her hand up "just cant remember anything else..now if you ask me...I think something is highly out of order here" she looks back at Lys then back to the young woman "you tell me what women forgets her wedding day..or the gown she wore or even the reception..somehow I think he is having a joke on me! has the whole town convience we are married...Jah only knows what he'd do if my family ever got wind of this"

This comment was met with another eyebrow raised in question. "I've seen my fair share of oddities." she replied, returning to her dinner. "Though, if you ask me," she said as Lyskard excused himself to greet another patron, "He's taken quite a liking to you."

She pushed away the empty plate as Louisa took her leave. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Ma'am." Grace nodded respectfully and watched the woman disappear out the door. She sat back in her chair, weary and full to bursting with a good meal. Perhaps she would take a room for the night...she'd gleaned enough from her trader friends to put a roof over her head for a few days, and, well, she could track down that stallion any old time. Perhaps a trip to the stables was in order for tomorrow...

Yawning, she stood from the table and cornered the innkeeper. "Might I have a room for the night? And you must give my compliments to your cook."
Back to top Go down
Lyskard

Lyskard

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:12 am

Leaving Deuce and Dana to themselves , Lys had decided that course of action himself prior to reaching his sister's home . Bidding them a good evening promising to return as soon as possible. Walking back to the tavern, his thoughts return to the young lady he had started a conversation with there. To his keen eye she looked like she had double her age in experience of life . He had seen many over the past six years, forced to live by a cunning they quickly learnt in order to survive.Some it was petty crime, others bordered on desperation, as they turned to violence . While travelling the different towns around the country, it always saddened him to see these people. Why a small section of the community came into the world suffering, then end their days the same way upset him. A lot well before their time. Well now he can do some thing about it .........

Quote :
"Might I have a room for the night? And you must give my compliments to your cook."

" The lady.. Bar-keep... is staying at least a week, maybe longer....." Placing a large denominated coin on the bar, that would more than cover a months stay, Lys...looking at the lady adding ....... " Please, come take a seat, I have a proposition for you." Asking the bar-keep for two more ales, then paying for them, Lys picked up both tankards and walked to a table at the corner of the room. Sliding one tankard berfore her, then grasping the other in his right hand, Lys took a steady draught of the ale . Placing the tankard down on the table , He looked at her face ...full of apprehension has she held is gaze.....

" First, Let me reasure you, what I am about to offer, requires nothing for you to repay. For the next week, maybe longer, you are to stay in the village, you will want for nothing ...your stay here is paid for and continue to be paid for .All food , as much as you wish to eat I will also pay for . You wish to purchase finer clothes, again they will be paid for by me . As I said at the outset, in the end you owe me nothing at all ...I am going to offer you a change in your life you never dreamt would come to you ." Placing five gold coins on the table......" These are yours, if you except to stay here ,call them expenses if you wish.....all I ask is you do not ask any questions, and that you trust me .........now I realise your station in life ..it would be so easy to say yes, and go steal my horse and make a run for it ......Let me first ressure you....You would never mount him...he would kill you first ........secondly I would not stop you or send any one after you ......but, believe me, you will regret the action for the rest of you life......What do you say.......are you willing to trust someone for the first time in your life ..? Looking at her Lys endevoured to read in her eyes what her action would be , the gold coins is more money than she could ever hope to see , let alone be given ....and for nothing . He could see the battle in her eyes what to do ...this was more money than she had robbed people of total ! ...But should she trust him .. what did he want in return ? every man she had known always wanted some thing ...why should he be any different ? All these thoughts Lys sumised when through her head . With a smile Lys answers her thoughts.... " the answer to your unspoken question is ...............................Nothing..
Back to top Go down
Gracelynn

Gracelynn

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:28 am

The clink of change against a tabletop, for the second time that evening, stole Grace's attention away from the barkeep, and she turned, coming nose to chest with Lyskard as he spoke.

Quote :
" The lady.. Bar-keep... is staying at least a week, maybe longer....."

A week! She'd never stayed longer than a day or two in any one place. She was about to protest when one look from the gentleman silenced her completely.

Quote :
" Please, come take a seat, I have a proposition for you."

Grace almost laughed aloud. How many times had she found herself in such a situation before, she thought with an indignant mental snort. They usually always included favors of some sort, which she would always staunchly refuse before giving the fellow a good punch to the noggin. She preferred a hungry belly over...well...best not to go there...And to think she had thought the man a gentleman! She had been about to ream the fellow out when he ordered two more tankards of ale and motioned her toward a corner table. Something about him, however, compelled Grace to follow...she could at least hear him out before knocking his nose out the back of his head. She sat, sipping warilly at the ale, ready to lash out when the need arose.

Quote :
" First, Let me reasure you, what I am about to offer, requires nothing for you to repay.

Ha! She thought, narrowing her eyes. That was what they all said. Did he honestly think she was that daft?

Quote :
"For the next week, maybe longer, you are to stay in the village, you will want for nothing ...your stay here is paid for and continue to be paid for .All food , as much as you wish to eat I will also pay for . You wish to purchase finer clothes, again they will be paid for by me . As I said at the outset, in the end you owe me nothing at all ...I am going to offer you a change in your life you never dreamt would come to you ."

Well...that one was unexpected. He was either honest, or a perfect charmer..or perhaps both, she thought as her hands toyed with the tankard. And then, he placed a few gold coins on the table before her. Her eyes snapped to his, seeking for the lecher behind the serious guise, and finding nothing to warrant a hasty punch.

Quote :
" These are yours, if you except to stay here ,call them expenses if you wish.....all I ask is you do not ask any questions, and that you trust me .........now I realise your station in life ..it would be so easy to say yes, and go steal my horse and make a run for it ......Let me first ressure you....You would never mount him...he would kill you first ........secondly I would not stop you or send any one after you ......but, believe me, you will regret the action for the rest of you life......What do you say.......are you willing to trust someone for the first time in your life ..?

Trust was not easilly earned, even by her standards. She had trusted too many, only to be kicked back into the dirt. What would make this man any different? She questioned his motives again, clenching a fist around the full tankard.

Quote :
" the answer to your unspoken question is ...............................Nothing..

She slumpepd back into her chair in defeat and looked down at the gold before her. If he trully wanted nothing for her but a better life, than who was she to deny him. Come what will.

"I'm not much for finer clothes, Sir, but I'll take ye up on it." She gathered the coins and slipped them quickly into her pocket before he could change his mind and snatch them back again. Standing, she took the mug of ale and saluted his health with one final mannerless drag. "And, if I might offer some advice," she slurred, "I'd tie your tethers a bit tighter." She set the empty mug down and turned toward the stairs.
Back to top Go down
pkboo
pkboo

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:13 am

After a long day shopping at the market I slowly walked into the tavern. I see Lys & a young woman in the corner talking about what I dont know since they are talking in low voices and wave at them. Thinking "Wow he gets around quick. I am surprised hes able to stay awake this long. I am walking zombie basically." I go and sit at the bar "Barkeep! Give me your weakest ale you got in here" Waiting for my drink Ilook around to see if anyone else is here but I dont see anyone. When the barkeep brings me my drink I hand him the gold coin for the drink. I slowly drink my ale trying to stay awake at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Red Boar   The Red Boar - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Red Boar
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Louis, Louisas & Friends Place :: The Village :: Claddagh Village-
Jump to: